Job Title:Supervisory Public Affairs Specialist
Department:Department Of Homeland Security
Agency:Federal Emergency Management Agency
Job Announcement Number:FEMA-14-BLG-37583-MP
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$124,995.00 to $157,100.00 / Per Year|
|Wednesday, June 04, 2014 to Wednesday, June 18, 2014|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time - Permanent|
|1 vacancy -
District of Columbia, DC View Map|
WHO MAY APPLY:
|Status candidates who meet any of the categories shown under the heading "Who May Apply" at the end of the Job Summary section below.|
Individuals who do not meet the eligibility criteria for this announcement may apply under FEMA-14-BLG-37583-DEU, which is open to the public.
|Public Trust - Background Investigation|
When disaster strikes, America looks to FEMA. Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
Who May Apply:
- Current federal employees serving under a career or career-conditional appointment
- Former federal employees with reinstatement eligibility
- Persons eligible for non-competitive appointment under special hiring authorities (click here for a list of authorities)
- Persons eligible under an Interchange Agreement (click here to view a list of covered agreements)
- Veterans’ preference eligibles or veterans who have been separated from the Armed Forces under honorable conditions after substantially completing at least three consecutive years of active duty (click here for information on veterans)
- For definitions of terms found in this announcement, please click here
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
- You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this position.
- Current Federal employees must meet time-in-grade requirements.
- You must successfully pass a background investigation.
- Selective Service registration is required for males born after 12/31/59.
- This position may require occasional non-emergency travel.