About the Agency
NSF has the advantages of a small agency environment that fosters collaboration, creativity and opportunities to contribute to major agency-wide projects. Consistently ranked by its employees as one of the top federal agencies in managing its workforce, NSF maintains a creative, flexible, and collegial atmosphere and is respected in both the public and private sectors for its management best practices and stewardship of federal funds. Join our team at one of the best places to work in the federal government and use your knowledge and imagination to keep NSF at the frontier of discovery!
More about NSF.
- Plans, coordinates, implements, oversees, and manages policy and direction for all aspects of safety and health for Polar (PLR) Programs;
- Develops comprehensive safety and health standards applicable to all PLR supported personnel;
- Oversees preparation and implementation of Safety and Health program directives;
- Develops and maintains appropriate disaster preparedness plans for each U. S. operated station;
- Prepares and pursues action plans to implement recommendations of periodic audits, reports, and other documents;
- Consults with and provides risk management advice to PLR staff, support contractors and agencies and research personnel operating polar regions under the aegis of NSF;
- Develops and oversees implementation of policies in construction safety, aviation safety, marine safety, industrial hygiene, diving safety, mountaineering and wilderness survival, occupational safety and health, and related fields.
- Occasional Travel
- Rigorous travel to Antarctica and the Arctic is required.