Minimum Qualifications: To qualify for this position at the GS-11 level, you must meet ONE of the requirements below:
Experience: You must have at least one full-time year (12-months) of specialized work experience equivalent to the GS-09 grade level in the Federal service that included:
- Reviewing and entering budgetary data; including status of funds reports, open obligation reports, and payroll expenditure reports; and
- Entering obligations, accruals, and paid transactions; and
- Applying a variety of purchasing regulations, methods, and procedures to acquire services and supplies using purchase orders, blanket purchase agreements, or fixed-price negotiated contracts; and
- Assisting with preparing the budget of an organization; or
- Reconciling office budgets and preparing financial reports; or
- Auditing financial accounts and monitoring internal controls; or
- Analyzing financial procedures and recommending improvements; or
- Preparing financial graphs and charts depicting financial status.(This experience must be clearly demonstrated in your resume).
Education: You must have a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or successfully completed three full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.M. in a course of study that includes business administration, statistics, economics, law, criminal justice or a similar course of study related to the work of the position. (Must submit transcripts)
Combination: You must have a combination of work experience and education as described above which when combined equals to 100% of the requirement. Combinations are computed by first determining your total qualifying experience as a percentage of the experience required above; then determining your education as a percentage of the education required above; and then adding the two percentages. The total percentages must equal at least 100 percent to qualify. Only graduate education in excess of two years may be combined with experience under this standard. (Must submit transcripts)
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.htm
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE MAY NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. If your resume does not support your questionnaire answers, we will not allow credit for your response(s).
All qualifications requirements for this position must be met within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application will be evaluated and rated under DOJs Category Rating and Selection Procedures. Your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine whether you meet the job qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are basically qualified for this job, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the online assessment questionnaire. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application materials, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this job. Your application will then be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified, or Qualified.
- Best Qualified - applicants possessing experience that substantially exceeds the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors, and who are highly proficient in all requirements of the job and can perform effectively in the position;
- Highly Qualified - applicants possessing experience that meets the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors, and who are proficient in some, but not all, of the requirements of the job;
- Qualified - applicants possessing experience and/or education that meets the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors.
Names of all candidates in the best qualified category will be sent to the hiring official for employment consideration (unless a sufficient number of qualified veterans are found - in which only those names will be initially certified). Candidates within the best qualified category who are eligible for veteran preference will receive selection priority over non-veteran preference eligibles.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
- Knowledge of financial management principles
- Skill in fact-finding, analysis and problem solving
- Ability to prepare written material
- Ability to communicate orally
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.