Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This position is located in a Military Entrance Processing Station; San Juan, PR. Founded in 1521 by Ponce de León, the capital of Puerto Rico, San Juan, is the oldest city on US territory. The metropolitan area of San Juan is home to half of the island's almost four million citizens; it is also the heart of Puerto Rican tourism. The city is best known for its beautifully restored historic district, Old San Juan, situated on a rocky peninsula girded by twenty-feet thick walls jutting into the crashing Atlantic surf. Unlike other such gems of Spanish colonial architecture, San Juan also offers miles of smooth, clean beaches, a wide range of accommodation, fabulous restaurants and a lively nightlife.
Federal employees in Puerto Rico are currently entitled to receive a 4.20% Cost of Living Allowance (COLA) in addition to the base salary. This is subject to change.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
As a Medical Technician, you will perform duties such as:
- Conduct standardized medical orientation briefing to applicants.
- Demonstrate and perform the ortho/neuro examination (24 movements) to applicants.
- Conduct laboratory tests and examinations.
- Perform phlebotomy functions.
- Operate laboratory and medical equipment.
- Prepare reports of findings.
- Screen and maintain medical records.
- Perform computer data entry utilizing applicable computer programs.