Job Title:Supervisory Information Technology Specialist
Department:Department Of Homeland Security
Agency:Transportation Security Administration
Job Announcement Number:HQ-OIA-TA54-14-764700-ESO
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Monday, June 02, 2014 to
Monday, June 16, 2014|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Arlington, VA View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|Open to all U. S. citizens. |
This position is located in Arlington, Virginia.
Salary range listed includes Locality Pay of 24.22%.
About the Agency
Securing Travel, Protecting People - At the Transportation Security Administration, you will serve in a high-stakes environment to safeguard the American way of life. In cities across the country, you would secure airports, seaports, railroads, highways, and/or public transit systems, thus protecting America's transportation infrastructure and ensuring freedom of movement for people and commerce. For additional information about our agency please: Click Here
- Occasional Travel
- Occasional travel may be required.
- You must possess U.S. Citizenship or be a U.S. National.
- You must complete a favorable Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI).
- You must pass Drug screening, subject to random drug tests.
- You must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret/SCI Clearance.
- Disclosure of your financial information is required.
DUTIES:Back to top
This position serves as a Supervisory, Information Technology Specialist, in the Office of Intelligence and Analysis (OIA). As the Director, Classified Technology Division (CTD), you will work under the general supervision of the Assistant Administrator or his/her designee.
Specific duties and responsibilities includes:
- Serving as the technical expert and principal advisor to the Assistant Administrator and/or Deputy Assistant Administrator, in addition to the Department of Homeland Security on highly-complex and challenging technology systems, operations, programs, processes, and operations related to classified communications and data processing systems.
- Overseeing subordinate organizations that perform daily support and end-user technical support for complex technology systems and advanced troubleshooting, solution design and implementation (Technical Support Tiers 3 and 4 for complex classified technology systems).
- Serving as the principal technical expert and authoritative source regarding highly-complex classified technology information systems.
- Providing operational, administrative, and systems engineering expertise for classified voice, video, and data systems to support the OIA and senior TSA Leadership. Continually assessing the effectiveness of operations and programs and adjusting as needed to meet emerging priorities.
- Ensuring compliance with technical requirements, security policies, applicable legislation, statutes, decisions, and other regulatory directives to accomplish overall mission requirements.
- Overseeing the development of operational metrics, organizational performance requirements and program operations to ensure effective and efficient management of all programs and overall conformance with TSA's strategic plans goals, and objectives.
Supervisory Managerial Responsibilities include: strategic planning, communicating the organization’s vision and objectives; setting priorities, assigning tasks and responsibilities, monitoring and evaluating performance of organization units, managers, and employee. Supporting equal employment opportunity concepts in all areas of responsibility. Treating employees in a fair and equitable manner and foster an organization representative of diversity and promoting opportunities for employees to influence their work environment with a focus on continual improvements.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
To qualify for the SV-L Pay Band, you must have one year of specialized experience at the SV-K Pay Band or GS-15 in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private sector. Specialized experience is defined as experience that has equipped you with the knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. Such experience includes demonstrating advanced knowledge and expertise in highly complex and challenging technology systems, operations, programs, processes and operations related to classified communications and data processing systems; provides administrative and operational systems engineering expertise for classified voice, video, and data systems; building and managing a workforce based on organizational goals, budget considerations and staffing needs.
You must meet the qualification requirements for this position no later than the closing date of the vacancy announcement.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
You will be evaluated based on a comparison of the position requirements against the quality and extent of the experience and/or related education as reflected in your resume and supporting documentation. You are encouraged to ensure work experiences clearly show possession of the competencies required for this position. We will compare your resume and supporting documentation to your responses on the assessment questionnaire. If, after reviewing your resume and any supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have rated yourself higher than is supported by your application materials, your category placement may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this job.
To preview questions please click here.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
PLEASE NOTE: ALL OF THE FOLLOWING MUST BE RECEIVED IN OUR OFFICE BY 11:59PM ET (Eastern Time) ON THE CLOSING DATE OF THIS JOB OPPORTUNITY ANNOUNCEMENT. THIS INCLUDES BOTH ONLINE AND MAILED APPLICATION MATERIALS. IF WE DO NOT RECEIVE ALL REQUIRED INFORMATION BY THE CLOSING DATE, YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. Your application MUST include:
1. Resume. Uploaded resumes will not be accepted for this position. You must create and submit your resume using USAJOBS Resume Builder.
This resume may be reused for future applications. Click Here: USAJOBS Resume Builder 2. Self Assessment Questionnaire
for this position.3. Applicable supporting documents (see Required Documents Section).
Click the "Apply Online" button below and follow the prompts to apply. If you are unable to access the automated application system, we may need to reset your password. Please contact the TSA HRAccess Executive Services Office (ESO) Help Desk at 1-877-872-7991 (TDD 877-872-7992) between the hours of: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. ET Monday through Friday.
If you are unable to apply online, please call the ESO Help Desk at the number listed above for assistance.
In addition to a resume and the assessment questionnaire, you must submit copies of the following documents as applicable if you are applying based on current or former Federal government status and/or veterans' preference.
1. SF-50: If applying for Internal or Status consideration, all except current TSA employees must submit their most recent Notification of Personnel Action, SF-50, (or an equivalent document). If you elect Internal or Status consideration of your application without submitting an SF-50 demonstrating a tenure code of "1" or "2" in block 24, your application may not receive this type of consideration. TSA employees must also have tenure codes of "1" or "2" but may omit attaching an SF-50.
2. DD-214: If you are claiming Veterans' Preference, provide a copy of your DD-214 (Member Copy 4) Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, or other appropriate documentation to prove your entitlement and to provide verification of an Honorable Discharge. Failure to provide this documentation verifying qualifying service will result in your application not receiving 5-point preference.
3. SF-15 and VA Letter: If you are claiming Veterans' Preference based upon a Compensable Disability, Widow or Spouse Entitlement, or as a Purple Heart recipient, you must submit your DD-214 or other proof of entitlement; an SF-15, and the required proof of disability, i.e., Department of Veterans Affairs letter dated 1991 or later. Failure to provide this documentation will result in your application not receiving 10-point preference.
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
The questionnaire will assess your qualifications for the job, and will be used to identify the best qualified applicants to be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview. We will notify you of the outcome of these steps when they have been completed. You may also check your application status by visiting the Candidate Dashboard.