Job Title:Information Technology Specialist (Infosec)
Department:Department Of Energy
Agency:Southwestern Power Administration
Job Announcement Number:SWPA-14-DE-011-DHA
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Friday, May 30, 2014 to
Sunday, June 08, 2014|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Few vacancies in the following location:|
Springfield, MO View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|This vacancy is being advertised to fill positions under the Office of Personnel Management's Government-wide Direct Hire Authority for this occupation and is open to all U.S. citizens.|
|Q - Sensitive|
About the Agency
A successful candidate in this position will...
Be responsible for reliability compliance directly pertaining to network security monitoring, cyber security architecture, research and development, vulnerability management, and cyber security program oversight.
- Occasional Travel
- May be required to travel.
- You must be a United States Citizen.
- This employer participates in the e-Verify program.
- See "Other Information" section regarding Selective Service requirements.
- Recruitment incentive may be authorized.
DUTIES:Back to top
As a Information Technology Specialist (Infosec), you will:
- Perform cybersecurity architecture and planning such as resource planning, research and development, and incident handling resolution.
- Promote and provide guidance on the application of information security policies, principles, and practices.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) and North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) compliance audits.
- Plan and conduct analyses and assessments of vulnerabilities of information technology assets to identify risk level and impact on overall security.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
Basic Requirements: You must have Information Technology (IT) related experience which demonstrates proficiency in each of the following competencies:
Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
A qualified candidate's online application and resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level in the Federal service. In order to qualify at the GS-13 level, applicants must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-12 level. Such experience includes performing work in safeguarding information technology systems; developing and implementing security plans, policies and procedures; recognizing cybersecurity breaches; experience interpreting and applying IT security policies, standards and guidelines; implementing activities designed to ensure, protect, or restore Information Technology (IT) systems, services, or capabilities; monitoring systems compliance with IT security standards and regulations; conducting system risk and vulnerability assessments.
Your application and resume should demonstrate that you possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs). Do not provide a separate narrative written statement. Rather, you must describe in your application how your past work experience demonstrates that you possess the KSAs identified below. Cite specific examples of employment or experience contained in your resume and describe how this experience has prepared you to successfully perform the duties of this position. DO NOT write "see resume" in your application!
- Knowledge and technical experience applying cyber security standards including regulatory compliance standards and policies as they pertain to an information technology (IT) cyber security program.
- Skill in effective oral and written communications sufficient to communicate complex technical requirements.
- Regulatory Compliance
To be considered "well qualified you must meet all of the requirements as described in this section.You must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
For this position education cannot be substituted for experience.
- Drug Testing designated position.
- Security Clearance: Must be able to obtain and maintain a "Q" security clearance.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Veteran's Preference, category rating and traditional rating and ranking of applicants do not apply under Direct Hire.
Under this Direct-Hire annoucnement, all applicants who meet the basic qualification requirements will be forwarded to the Selecting Official for further consideration.
If your resume is incomplete or does not support the responses you provided in your online questionnaire, or if you fail to submit required documentation before the vacancy closes, you may be rated 'ineligible', 'not qualified', or your score may be adjusted.
To preview questions please click here.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
To be considered for this position, you must submit a complete application no later than 11:59pm (Eastern Time) on the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to submit a complete application prior to the closing time (regardless of when you started) the application system will not allow you to finish. Requests for extensions will not be granted, so please begin the application process allowing yourself enough time to finish before the deadline. Our application system displays a countdown timer in the top-left corner of the screen for your reference.Steps to submit a complete application:
If your resume does not support the responses in your application questionnaire, or if you fail to submit required documentation before the vacancy closes, you may be rated 'ineligible', 'not qualified', or your score may be adjusted accordingly. NEED HELP?
- You must have a USAJOBS account and be logged in.
- You must have a completed resume. (Please note that some DOE offices do not accept uploaded resumes and require that you have a completed resume within your USAJOBS profile using the Resume Builder).
- Once you are logged in and all of your application materials ready, click the 'Apply Now' button.
- You must respond to all applicant assessment questions, carefully following all instructions provided.
- You will then be asked to upload additional supporting documentation, which may include (but is not limited to) transcripts, portfolio samples, certifications, and verification of veteran status.
- IMPORTANT: In the final step of the application process you will be shown a copy of your resume and all the information you entered during the application process. You must click the 'Finish' button at the bottom of this final page and receive confirmation that your application has been received. If you do not click 'Finish', your application will not be received.
- If you experience any difficulties with the application process (anything after you have clicked the Apply Now button), please contact the HR Specialist listed on this announcement between normal business hours.
- If you are having trouble with USAJOBS (searching for jobs, account profile issues, or Resume Builder help, please visit the USAJOBS Resource Center or e-mail USAJOBS3.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are experiencing a significant hardship which hinders your ability to apply online please contact the HR Specialist listed on this announcement during normal business hours.
Please carefully review the following list to determine what documentation you need to submit. Some documents may not apply to all applicants.
If you are unsure, click the link for each document type to read more.
- ALL APPLICANTS: Resume supporting your specialized experience and responses to the online questionnaire.
- Applicants using education to qualify (if allowed): Documentation verifying your educational claims which can include unofficial transcripts or any report listing institution, course title, credits earned and grade. Education cannot be substituted for experience in some positions at higher grade levels. Please see the Education section for more information.
- Veterans: veteran eligibility documentation (DD-214, VA Letter, Standard Form (SF) 15 as applicable). Please note: If you are a veteran who has not yet been discharged, you may provide a statement of intent to discharge from your agency to receive Veterans Preference under the VOW (Veterans Opportunity to Work) to Hire Heroes Act of 2011.
- Persons with Disabilities: Individuals with intellectual disabilities, severe physical disabilities, or psychiatric disabilities may apply for appointment through the Schedule A hiring authority. Certified verification of a disability from a licensed medical professional; a licensed vocational rehabilitation specialist; or any Federal, state, or District of Columbia agency or U.S. territory that issues or provides disability benefits will be required.
- ICTAP/CTAP Eligibles: MUST submit a copy of the appropriate documentation such as a reduction-in-force (RIF) separation notice, a SF-50 reflecting your RIF separation, or a notice of proposed removal for declining a directed reassignment or transfer of function to another commuting area. You MUST also submit documentation to reflect your current (or last) performance rating of record along with your application/resume package.
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
After each step in the recruitment process, your status will be updated in USAJOBS. You can review your status in USAJOBS at any time. You may also elect to receive status updates via e-mail by changing the notification settings in your USAJOBS profile. Please check that your USAJOBS profile contact information is current and correct each time you apply to a job--this will ensure we are able to contact you as quickly as possible.