In order to be qualified for this position you must possess:
- A Bachelor's degree in computer science or bachelor's degree with 30 semester
hours in a combination of mathematics, statistics, and computer science. (At
least 15 of the 30 semester hours must have included any combination of
statistics and mathematics that included differential and integral calculus.) -AND -
- One year of
specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-11 level in the Federal service,
conducting a quality review of technical data in a database to ensure it is
accurate and complete; assisting with the analysis of a customer's business
intelligence/database needs to recommend exisiting (e.g. industry standard)
data analytics packages and applications; coordinating the development of data
management/analysis solutions; developing technical reports for management
utilizing established databases; and training staff on the use and capabilities
This position requires specific coursework and/or a degree to meet the basic education requirement. You must submit an official transcript, unofficial transcript, or a list including courses, grades earned, completion dates, and quarter and semester hours earned.Your transcript(s) must clearly demonstrate the course(s) listed in the qualification requirement section. If the transcript(s) does not clearly demonstrate this you must submit a copy of the course description and/or other documentation demonstrating that the courses are equivalent. Degree requirements must be met within 30 days of the closing date of this job announcement and your transcript(s) submitted must reflect this.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program. For further information, click on foreign education
All qualification requirements, other than education, must be met by 11:59 PM (Eastern Time) on the closing date of this vacancy announcement. Degree/coursework requirements (if applicable) must be met within 30 days of the close of the announcement.
Failure to provide any of the above will result in an ineligible rating.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
3. Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
4. Financial disclosure statement may be required.
5. One-year probationary period may be required.
6. Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will be paid: No
7. Bargaining Unit Position: Yes
8. Drug Screening Required: No
9. Recruitment incentives may be authorized: No
10. Student loan repayment incentive authorized: No
11. Annual leave for non-federal service authorized: No
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of the best-qualified applications will be conducted. The résumé and supporting documentation will be compared against the applicant's responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if the applicant is qualified for this job. If, after reviewing the applicant's résumé and supporting documentation, a determination is made that the applicant has inflated his/her qualifications and/or experience, the applicant may lose consideration for this position and/or the applicant's score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect his/her skills and abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Competitive Applicants/All U.S. Citizens: Eligible candidates
will be assigned to a quality category: Best Qualified, Well Qualified or
Qualified. Candidates in the highest category will be referred to the
hiring agency. The Category Rating process does not add veterans' preference
points but protects the rights of veterans by placing them ahead of
non-preference eligibles within each category. Preference eligibles who
meet the minimum qualification requirements and who have a compensable
service connected disability of at least 10 percent must be listed in the
highest quality category (except in the case of scientific or professional
positions at the GS-09 level or higher.)
Your qualifications will be evaluated against the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities, and other characteristics):
- Technical Knowledge - Database
- Planning & Evaluating
- Oral Communication
- Customer Service