This position is in the Public and Intergovernmental Affairs Directorate, National Headquarters, Selective Service System (SSS). As a Public Affairs Specialist, you will be responsible for establishing and maintaining mutual communications between SSS and other Federal agencies and the general public and developing informational materials regarding SSS programs.
Join the Selective Service System's team of energetic, career minded professionals! The Selective Service System offers an opportunity for self-motivated individuals with excellent interpersonal skills and a strong work ethic to launch or continue a career in public service.
Our fast paced environment consists of challenging and rewarding work, training opportunities, and the potential for advancement. The Selective Service System offers competitive wages, a thrift savings plan with matching funds (similar to a 401k savings program), extensive health care benefits (dental and vision coverage available), paid vacation time, and a host of unique work-life benefit options that include Tele-work options as well as Alternate and Flexible Work Schedules.
The Selective Service System is an independent agency whose mission is to maintain a system which can promptly and efficiently furnish untrained and trained manpower for induction into the U.S. Armed Forces during a national emergency; and provides an Alternative Service Program for men classified as conscientious objectors by a Selective Service Board during a draft.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
· Write, edit, produce, and disseminate information and communication materials to include news releases, feature articles, speeches, fact sheets, background papers, public service announcements, and website content.
· Serve as an Agency point of contact with Headquarters, the public, and the media in support of communications and public awareness programs.
· Assist in managing public awareness programs and exhibits/displays; aids in directorate budget management and correspondence control; and perform as duty records manager.
· Arrange media interviews and appearances, plan and coordinate media events, and produce collateral materials.
- Occasional Travel
- Occasional travel may be required