Candidates must possess technical and management experience and have developed the knowledge and skills required for effective performance of the specific duties of the position. Candidates must have had experience at a major management level (normally equivalent to the GS-15 level in the Federal service). All applicants MUST separately write a narrative answer addressing each of the Mandatory Technical Qualifications (MTQs) and Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs) when applying on line. Responses to ECQs MUST not exceed 10 pages. For additional guidance, applicants may visit the Office Of Personnel Management's Guide to Senior Executive Service Qualifications located at www.opm.gov/ses/references/GuidetoSESQuals_2010.pdf. Applicants are encouraged to follow the Challenge, Context, Action, and Result model outlined in the guide.
Current/Former Career SES or SES Candidate Development Program graduates who have been certified by OPM MUST address the MTQ's, but need not address the ECQs. In order to successfully complete the online application process you MUST input the term, "noncompetitive eligible" in the text boxes for each of the ECQs. You MUST submit a Standard Form 50 that documents your SES Career appointment or a copy of your OPM approved SES Candidate Development Program certificate.
EXECUTIVE CORE QUALIFICATIONS (ECQs):
1. Leading Change: This core qualification involves the ability to bring about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment.
2. Leading People: This core qualification involves the ability to lead people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts.
3. Results Driven: This core qualification involves the ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks.
4. Business Acumen: This core qualification involves the ability to manage human, financial, and information resources strategically.
5. Building Coalitions: This core qualification involves the ability to build coalitions internally and with other Federal agencies, State and local governments, nonprofit and private sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals.
MANDATORY TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS (MTQs): In addition to the ECQs above, qualified applicants must possess the following four (4) technical qualifications which represent the experience required to perform the duties of this position. Proficiency in these technical qualifications MUST be clearly evident in your application. MTQs include:
(1) Demonstrated experience meeting Executive Order 12862 requirements, and actions to strategically plan, acquire resources, and coordinate activities of Federal information technology and information systems to support related program goals.
(2) Experience in working on complex IT programs that require collaboration, partnership, and negotiations across Federal agencies to include organization and administrative process changes.
(3) Experience in strategically planning for, coordinating and developing enterprise information technology cost and recovery models for shared services, and communicating and implementing a shared service model at the enterprise level.
(4) Experience in complying with Federal regulations associated with Information Technology, including Federal Labor Laws and communicating on IT issues with Agency heads, OMB, GSA, Congressional Committees, IG, Boards and private industry.
The Department of Labor does not recognize academic degrees from schools that are not accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the Department of Education. Any applicant falsely claiming an academic degree from an accredited school will be subject to actions ranging from disqualification from federal employment to removal from federal service.
Applicants must possess or be eligible for Level III Program/Project Management (P/PM) certification in accordance with the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Program Manager Certification Standards, the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA), or Federal Acquisition Certification for Program and Project Managers (FAC-P/PM). Applicants who currently possess or are eligible for Level II Program/Project Management (P/PM) certification and can achieve Level III certification within six months from the date of appointment to this position may also be considered. Please indicate in your application your level and source (DHS, DAWIA, FAC-P/PM) of certification or eligibility for certification.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Candidates will be evaluated based on the responses to the mandatory technical qualifications (MTQ's) and Executive Core Qualifications (ECQ's). Applicants MUST separately address each MTQ and ECQ when applying online.
Current/Former Career SES or SES Candidate Development graduates who have been certified by OPM must address the MTQ's, but need not address the ECQs. In order to successfully complete the online application process you must input the term, "noncompetitive eligible" in the text boxes for each of the ECQs. You must submit a Standard Form 50 that documents your SES Career appointment or a copy of your OPM approved SES Candidate Development Program certificate.
To preview questions please click here.