Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
As a Supervisory Interdisciplinary Scientist for the Risk Analysis Branch in the Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition (CFSAN), Office of Analytics and Outreach, Division of Risk Assessment, you will be responsible for the implementation, management, organization, and direction of the operations, program segment(s), functions, and activities related to the Center's food safety risk assessment effort.
This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement FDA-CFSAN-14-MP-1130915KC under merit promotion procedures. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under merit promotion procedures. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
This job opportunity announcement may be used FDA-wide to fill additional vacancies within the same geographical location.
- Leads and directs scientific risk assessment activities related to microbiological agents, food, allergens, toxins, and chemicals in foods, food additives, dietary supplements, and cosmetics for CFSAN-regulated products.
- Develops and implements policies and plans.
- Represents the Branch in high level meetings with Congress, other Federal agencies, State, local, and foreign governments, the regulated industry, scientific professional and industry organizations, and public interest groups.
- Directs the implementation of new laws and regulations on the scientific mission of the Branch.
- Supervises scientific professionals, risk assessors, project managers, and administrative personnel for the Branch.