About the Agency
This position will be located in the National Weather Service, National Centers for Environmental Prediction, Aviation Weather Center, Domestic Operations Branch in Kansas City, Mo. (Platte County).
- A one-year probationary period may be required.
- This is a barganing unit position.
The individual selected for this position will:
- Have a mastery of the theories, methods and techniques of professional meteorology, sufficient to serve as a lead forecaster for a wide variety of products.
- Utilize knowledge of the integration of technology, services and organizational resources for meteorological programs.
- Explain, advocate, and negotiate with individuals and groups internally and externally.
- Knowledge of state of the art of aviation impact variables, meteorology analysis, forecast techniques, information systems, and their impact on the safety and efficiency of the National Airspace System.
- Handles general office administrative matters which may occur on shift and provides direction, guidance, instructions and assistance to staff during a shift.
- Occasional Travel
- Occasional Travel Required