The Navy and Marine Corps team offers innovative, exciting and meaningful work linking military and civilian talents to achieve our mission and safeguard our freedoms. Department of the Navy provides competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, and extensive professional development and training. From pipefitters to accountants, scientists to engineers, doctors to nurses-the careers and opportunities to make a difference are endless. Civilian careers-where purpose and patriotism unite!
This position is located in the Training and Education Department of the National Museum of the Marine Corps (NMMC), Marine Corps University, Quantico, VA.
· Design grade and age appropriate museum curriculum, to include lesson plans that provide effective educational programs.
· Create comprehensive museum education programs from exhibits, artifacts and educators raw materials to enhance the learning experience of the students.
· Serve as coach, mentor, or leader to subordinate museum staff regarding educational programs.
· Perform supervisory duties (e.g. develop work plans, write and monitor evaluations, track and validate time and attendance) to ensure support and direction is provided to employees.
· Conduct teacher workshops to provide teachers with training in integrating museum program lesson plans into individual or school district plans.