Job Title:Support Services Specialist, GS-0342-07/09
Agency:Selective Service System
Job Announcement Number:AN1130236
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Monday, June 2, 2014 to
Friday, June 13, 2014|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Arlington, VA View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|US Citizens and Status Candidates |
Join the Selective Service System's team of energetic, career minded professionals! The Selective Service System offers an opportunity for self-motivated individuals with excellent interpersonal skills and a strong work ethic to launch or continue a career in public service.
Our fast paced environment consists of challenging and rewarding work, training opportunities, and the potential for advancement. The Selective Service System offers competitive wages, a thrift savings plan with matching funds (similar to a 401k savings program), extensive health care benefits (dental and vision coverage available), paid vacation time, and a host of unique work-life benefit options that include Tele-work options as well as Alternate and Flexible Work Schedules.
The Selective Service System is an independent agency whose mission is to maintain a system which can promptly and efficiently furnish untrained manpower for induction into the Armed Forces during a national emergency; and provides an Alternative Service Program to men classified as conscientious objectors during a draft.
As a Support Services Specialist in the Logistics Division, you will provide support to customers in managing facilities, property, transportation, mail management, and procurement and contracting processes within the agency.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Able to obtain a full-field Background Investigation.
- One-year probationary period may be required.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
To qualify for this position at the GS-07 level you must have:
At least one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-05 grade level in Federal Service, that included assisting in the procurement and contractual agreements of supplies and/or equipment; providing accountability to agency property (i.e. receives property, assigns, records and places inventory numbers on property for verification and accountability; and locates missing property); assisting with building maintenance and repairs (i.e. office equipment, HVAC and alterations/renovations to office space); and preparing billing/invoices using an automated system; OR One year of graduate level education in Public Administration, Business Administration, Industrial Engineering, Industrial Management, or other Administrative or Management degree related to the position. (Must provide transcripts at the time of submitting application); OR A combination of the required specialized experience and education for this grade level. (Must provide transcripts at the time of submitting application).
To qualify for this position at the GS-09 level you must have:
At least one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-07 grade level in Federal Service, that included preparing procurement and contractual agreements of supplies and/or equipment; providing accountability to agency property (i.e. receives property, assigns, records and places inventory numbers on property for verification and accountability; and locates missing property); coordinating building maintenance and repairs (i.e. office equipment, HVAC and alterations/renovations to office space); and verifying billing/invoices using an automated system; OR Two years of graduate level education or a Masters in Public Administration, Business Administration, Industrial Engineering, Industrial Management, or other Administrative or Management degree related to the position. (Must provide transcripts at the time of submitting application); OR A combination of the required specialized experience and education for this grade level. (Must provide transcripts at the time of submitting application).
You must submit transcripts if you are qualifying in part of all based on education (official or unofficial). Failure to submit transcripts may result in an ineligible rating.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program. For further information, click on foreign education.
Time-in-Grade: Current and former permanent Federal employees must have served 52 weeks at the next lower grade level of the grade level being filled for this position.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
For Competitive Applicants/All U.S. Citizens: Your application will be evaluated and rated under Category Rating and Selection Procedures. Your application will be reviewed for minimum qualifications and your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the occupational questionnaire or competencies for consistency. If you meet the minimum qualifications for this job, your application will be further reviewed to assess the quality, depth, and complexity of your accomplishments, experience, and education as they relate to the occupational questionnaire or competencies listed in this vacancy announcement. You will then be placed in one of three rating categories:
- Qualified Category Meets the specialized experience outlined in the minimum qualifications requirements section of the vacancy announcement as identified through the job analysis.
- Well Qualified Category Meets the basic qualification requirements for the vacancy announcement and demonstrates a proficiency level in the critical competencies for successful performance of this position as identified through the job analysis process.
- Best Qualified Category Meets the basic qualification requirements for the vacancy announcement and has successful experience in the same or similar job that has demonstrated an "outstanding" proficiency level in applying the critical competencies for this position to work at increased levels of difficulty and complexity as identified through the job analysis process.
Application of Veterans Preference: the Category Rating Method does not add veterans preference points or apply the rule of three, but protects the rights of veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligible within each category. Preference eligibles who do not have a service-connected disability of 10 percent or more will be assigned to the appropriate quality category based upon the job-related assessment and will be listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within the appropriate quality category. Preference eligibles who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent and who meet the minimum qualifications requirements will be listed in the highest quality category (except if the position is a scientific or professional position at the GS-9 level or above). The Office of Personnel Management (OPM) has defined the professional and scientific professional positions and can be accessed here: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/standards/group-stds/gs-prof.asp.
For Merit Promotion and Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA) Applicants: The highest rated merit promotion/VEOA candidates will be referred to the hiring agency.
For Noncompetitive Appointment Applicants: All qualified noncompetitive candidates will be referred to the hiring agency.
The assessment questionnaire is designed to measure the following competencies that are required for this position:
· Technical Competency in Administrative Processes
· Automated Systems
· Customer Service
· Oral Communication
To preview the assessment questionnaire, click the following link: View Assessment Questions
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
To apply for this position, you must complete the occupational questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below.
The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Friday, June 13, 2014 to receive consideration.
* To begin, click Apply Online to create a USAJOBS account or log in to your existing account. Follow the prompts to select your USAJOBS resume and/or other supporting documents and complete the occupational questionnaire.
* Click the Submit My Answers button to submit your application package.
* It is your responsibility to ensure your responses and appropriate documentation is submitted prior to the closing date.
To verify your application is complete, log into your USAJOBS account @ https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login and click the Application Status link and then select the more information link for this position. The Details page will display the status of your application, the documentation received and processed, and any correspondence the agency has sent related to this application. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
To return to an incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account @ https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login and click Update Application in the vacancy announcement. You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.
To complete a hard copy assessment questionnaire and submit it via fax: Do not complete the steps below if you have already applied online to the questionnaire for this position.
1) Print the instructions and questionnaire by clicking View Occupational Questionnaire.
2) Print the 1203FX form to record your responses to the questionnaire.
3) Fax the completed 1203FX (all 6 pages but do not include a Cover Page for this document) to:
- Your Résumé (if you submit a personally developed résumé, curriculum vitae, or any other written format, be sure to include a detailed description of your job-related qualifications, beginning/ending dates, and hours worked per week, for each paid and non-paid position you included).
- Completed Assessment Questionnaire
Other Supporting Documents: (only submit if applicable to you)
Veterans' Preference and/or VEOA documentation (e.g., DD-214 Member Copy 4, SF-15, VA letter, etc.)
CTAP/ICTAP documentation (include current performance appraisal, SF-50 and notice of separation)
Noncompetitive appointment eligibility documentation
Standard Form 50 (only applies to current or former Federal service employees)
Performance Appraisal OR a written statement as to why one cannot be provided must be submitted (only applies to current Federal service employees). Your performance appraisal must be your most recent (within the previous 18 months) performance appraisal.
- College transcripts if qualifying all or in part based on your education. You may submit official, unofficial, or a self-certified list of course titles, grades earned, completion dates, and number of semester or quarter hours earned. (submit transcripts at the time of application)
Once the job opportunity announcement closes, your résumé and supporting documents will be reviewed and evaluated against your assessment questionnaire responses to determine whether you are qualified for this position. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification. If a determination is made that you have rated yourself higher than is supported by your resume, you will be assigned a rating commensurate to your described experience.
If you are unable to upload supporting document(s) online, you can fax them by completing the following:
1. Print out a Fax Cover Page @ http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf and complete the required information. The Vacancy ID is 1130236
2. Fax a Cover Page with each supporting document to 1-478-757-3144 by 11:59 PM (EST) on Friday, June 13, 2014 to receive consideration. Keep a copy of your fax confirmation in the event verification is needed.
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
You will be notified on the outcome of your application once a list of candidates has been sent to the hiring manager for employment consideration.