Join the Selective Service System's team of energetic, career minded professionals! The Selective Service System offers an opportunity for self-motivated individuals with excellent interpersonal skills and a strong work ethic to launch or continue a career in public service.
Our fast paced environment consists of challenging and rewarding work, training opportunities, and the potential for advancement. The Selective Service System offers competitive wages, a thrift savings plan with matching funds (similar to a 401k savings program), extensive health care benefits (dental and vision coverage available), paid vacation time, and a host of unique work-life benefit options that include Tele-work options as well as Alternate and Flexible Work Schedules.
The Selective Service System is an independent agency whose mission is to maintain a system which can promptly and efficiently furnish untrained manpower for induction into the Armed Forces during a national emergency; and provides an Alternative Service Program to men classified as conscientious objectors during a draft.
As a Support Services Specialist in the Logistics Division, you will provide support to customers in managing facilities, property, transportation, mail management, and procurement and contracting processes within the agency.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
- Makes recommendations for the most efficient use of space.
- Obtains estimates for office renovations.
- Assists in conducting on-site surveys for the repair and replacement of office furnishings.
- Maintains inventory for office equipment and supplies.
- Uses a travel database to commit funds and produce actual travel orders.
- Provides support to security needs such as office equipment, doors, and safes.
- Provides assistance for locks, combination changes, and safe lockout recovery.
- Coordinates the repairs of office equipment which includes HVAC infrastructure.
- Assists in procurement actions.
- The primary driver for the Agency Director.
- Coordinates mailroom operations.