Our mission: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan," - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
Candidates will be considered for hire at the GS-11, and GS-12, grade levels of the Federal Service. The salary range will depend on the level at which selected, as follows:
- GS-11: $63,091 to $82,019 per year
- GS-12: $75,621 to $98,305 per year
CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
job at the VA impacts the Veterans that we serve. You can be part of that team,
helping to make sure that our Veterans receive the top-quality care they
This position is within the VA Office of Acquisition and Logistics, Office
of Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Transportation and Relocation
Services Division in Washington, DC.
of Consideration: To be eligible under Merit Promotion, you
must have an eligibility listed below.
- Transfer or
Reinstatement eligibles: current Federal or former employees with career
or career-conditional appointments in the competitive service that hold,
or have held a career or career-conditional position at a lower grade
level as the position being announced. An SF-50 must show appointment in
the competitive service.
- Veterans Employment
Opportunity Act (VEOA) eligibles.
- ICTAP/CTAP eligibles
- Disabled veterans
receiving 30% or more disability compensation from the VA
- Individuals with
severe disabilities (eligible for Schedule A appointments)
- Individuals eligible
under other non-competitive appointment authorities such as: Military
spouses under E.O. 13473; Certain former overseas employees; Present and
former Peace Corps, Vista or Action volunteers; Former White House staff;
Present and former Foreign Service officers and employees; Certain
National Guard technicians.
- Current and former
Federal employees who meet the established criteria outlined in an Office
of Personnel Management Interchange Agreement
- Transfer or
reinstatement eligibles that hold, or have previously held a career or
career-conditional position at the same or higher grade level with the
same or higher promotion potential as the position being announced.
- Individuals eligible
for a Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA).(http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/shav/index.aspx)
This position is also being announced under VY-14-FD-1119384-DEU to all
U.S. citizens. Applicants who meet the eligibility criteria are encouraged to
apply under both announcements.
Employment Consideration: VA encourages persons with disabilities
to apply, including those eligible for hiring under 5 CFR 213.3102(u), Schedule
A, Appointment of persons with disabilities (i.e. intellectual disabilities,
severe physical disabilities, or psychiatric disabilities) and/or Disabled
Veterans with a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more.
Traffic Management Specialist in this position provides administrative,
technical, and operational support to Department-wide logistics and traffic
management programs. Specifically, the Traffic Management Specialist:
- Is responsible for
supporting and assisting with maintaining, enhancing, developing, and
implementing automation of a wide variety of routine transportation management
- Provides (creates) specific designs for enhancing or developing transportation software tools and databases.
- Provides (creates) specific designs for enhancing or developing worldwide web applications with transportation automation improvements
- Uses transportation database and spreadsheet software to select, organize and evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of transportation programs or carriers;
- Creates modified or new report retrieval specifications for database reporting;
- Creates updated, modified or new MS Excel spreadsheet tools
- Reviews and maintains all rates and charges in several databases or spreadsheet rating tools
- Develops diagnostic reports and MS Excel pivot reports for large amounts of transportation data;
- Maintains updated small package delivery services data for nationwide program
- Prepares and distributes monthly summary reports on VA's small package shipping;
- Maintains VATLC's intranet and internet web pages for freight program documentation, carrier qualification documents, small package program information, intranet page freight and small package cost calculators.
duties above reflect the full performance level of the position. At the GS-11
level, the Traffic Management Specialist would perform some of these duties
under the direction and supervision of a Traffic Manager or senior transportation
specialist. At the GS-12 level, the Traffic Management Specialist would perform
most of these duties independently under the general direction of a Traffic
Manager or senior transportation specialist.