Join the Selective Service System's team of energetic, career minded professionals! The Selective Service System offers an opportunity for self-motivated individuals with excellent interpersonal skills and a strong work ethic to launch or continue a career in public service.
Our fast paced environment consists of challenging and rewarding work, training opportunities, and the potential for advancement. The Selective Service System offers competitive wages, a thrift savings plan with matching funds (similar to a 401k savings program), extensive health care benefits (dental and vision coverage available), paid vacation time, and a host of unique work-life benefit options that include Tele-work options as well as Alternate and Flexible Work Schedules.
The Selective Service System is an independent agency whose mission is to maintain a system which can promptly and efficiently furnish untrained manpower for induction into the Armed Forces during a national emergency; and provides an Alternative Service Program to men classified as conscientious objectors during a draft.
This position is located in the Financial Management Directorate, Selective Service System. As an Accountant, you will serve as Assistant to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and Accounting Officer performing a variety of accounting procedures, using an automated financial system, and reconciling various financial documents in compliance with Federal laws and agency guidance.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
· Serve as an Accountant and Assistant to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
· Provide technical support to the CFO in the monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial closeout process.
· Assist in the preparation and submission of budget estimate and justification documents.
· Obligate purchase orders, contracts, travel orders and similar documents against appropriated funds.
· Use automated financial management systems to reconcile data and generate reports.
· Perform special research for preparing reports on financial data.
· Communicate financial information to supervisor and/or managers.