About the Agency
This positon located with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), National Weather Service (NWS), Office of Operational Systems, Operations Division located in Silver Spring, MD.
This position is also being advertised as a General Engineer, GS-0801-14, under vacancy announcement number NWS-OOS-2014-0009 (Open to Status Candidates). You must apply separately under each announcement to be considered for each announcement.
- This position requires a FAC-PM certification. Selected applicant must have or recieve this certification within one year of hire.
- A one-year probationary period may be required.
- This is a bargaining unit position.
This vacancy may be used to fill other General Engineer, GS-0801-14, positions throughout NOAA. The position must be alike (e.g.: within the same geographic locations, same grade/band requires the same qualifications as indicated in this vacancy announcement).
The individual selected for this position will:
- Manages the efficient and effective coordination and accomplishment of the planning, programming, design, construction, operations, and maintenance (O & M), and direction of major projects.
- Serves as project manager, responsible for the overall management, control, coordination, and execution of assigned projects with a focus on heating, ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC) systems and mechanical engineering.
- Integrates customer requirements and participation into a comprehensive management plan that is fully coordinated with all contributing agencies and organizations, establishing responsibilities and setting expectations.
- Controls and manages assigned projects, budgets and schedules.
- Coordinates and takes necessary actions to ensure the timely and cost-effective accomplishment of all facilities aspects of the NWS program in support of the mission.
- Establishes, directs, and validates facilities requirements, plan, program, budget, design, construct, and resolves facilities site and associated architectural engineering issues.
- Occasional Travel
- Travel is required on occasion.