Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
As a Visual Information Specialist in the Office of Food and Veterinary Medicine (OFVM), Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition (CFSAN), Office of Analytics and Outreach, you will provide design services for a variety of complex projects including web, books, reports, brochures, posters, banners, signs, exhibits and presentations to display programmatic information related to the functional programs of the organization.
This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement FDA-CFSN-14-MP-1126815BB under merit promotion procedures. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under merit promotion procedures. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
This job opportunity announcement may be used FDA-wide to fill additional vacancies within the same geographical location.
- Performs work on a variety of assigned visual projects using computer based design technology.
- Collaborates with senior visual arts staff and/or program officials to develop text, and to coordinate artistic and graphic designs or scientific illustrations to communicate program message.
- Advises customers on appropriate media for their project and recommends most cost effective solution.
- Develops necessary design objectives and final details for visual information product.
- Plans and executes arrangements for the production of video and multimedia scenarios, scripts, and story boards.
- Plans and designs charts, graphs, diagrams, illustrations and other visual material.
- Maintains and modifies visual information systems for solving problems communicating diverse medical, scientific and research concepts.
- Creates complex technical illustrations from DNA sequencing, mass spectroscopy and isothermal strands.