Job Title:Emergency Management Specialist
Department:Department Of Veterans Affairs
Agency:Deputy Assistant Secretary for Acquisition and Logistics
Hiring Organization:Office of Acquisition and Logistics, Operation Support Office
Job Announcement Number:VY-14-ABF-1116570-MP
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Wednesday, June 11, 2014 to
Monday, June 16, 2014|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Washington DC, DC View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|Current VA employees only|
Our mission: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan," - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Every job at the VA impacts the Veterans that we serve. You can be part of that team, helping to make sure that our Veterans receive the top-quality care they deserve.
Location: This position is within the Acquisition Program Support, Operation Support Services Office in Washington, DC.
Area of Consideration: To be eligible under Merit Promotion, you must have an eligibility listed below.
Competitive Merit Promotion:
- Transfer eligibles: current VA employees with career or career-conditional appointments in the competitive service that hold, or have held a career or career-conditional position at a lower grade level as the position being announced. An SF-50 must show appointment in the competitive service.
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) eligibles currently employed by the VA.
Non-Competitive Merit Promotion:
- CTAP eligibles
- Disabled veterans receiving 30% or more disability compensation from the VA who are currently employed by the VA
- Current VA employees with severe disabilities (eligible for Schedule A appointments)
- Current VA employees eligible under other non-competitive appointment authorities such as: Military spouses under E.O. 13473; Certain former overseas employees; Present and former Peace Corps, Vista or Action volunteers; Former White House staff; Present and former Foreign Service officers and employees; Certain National Guard technicians.
- Transfer eligible VA employees that hold, or have previously held a career or career-conditional position at the same or higher grade level with the same or higher promotion potential as the position being announced.
Special Employment Consideration: VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply, including those eligible for hiring under 5 CFR 213.3102(u), Schedule A, Appointment of persons with disabilities (i.e. intellectual disabilities, severe physical disabilities, or psychiatric disabilities) and/or Disabled Veterans with a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more.
- Occasional Travel
- 10% Travel
- You must be a US citizen.
- You must be eligible under the Area of Consideration.
- You must submit your resume and supporting documents (See How to Apply).
- Must obtain and maintain a government contractor issued travel credit card.
- Must maintain a valid driver's license.
- A minimum background investigation (MBI) is required.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
Qualifications must be met by the Closing Date: You must meet all qualification and eligibility requirements by Monday, June 16, 2014.
To qualify for the GS-12 grade level, you must have:
One or more years of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 federal grade level that equipped you with the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to successfully perform the duties of this position. Examples of specialized experience include monitoring domestic and world situations on an integrated operations center; logging intelligence, incident reports, or communiques according to standard operating procedures; and assisting in developing emergency management exercises.
To qualify for the GS-13 grade level, you must have:
One or more years of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 federal grade level that equipped you with the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to successfully perform the duties of this position. Examples of specialized experience include gathering data or information for assessing an organization's emergency preparedness; assessing an organization's operational and preparedness/readiness capability; and briefing leadership on an organization's emergency preparedness.
For more information on these qualification standards, please visit the United States Office of Personnel Management's website at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications.
Part-Time or Unpaid Experience: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid work on the same basis as for paid experience. Part-time experience will be credited on the basis of time actually spent in appropriate activities. To receive credit for such experience you must indicate clearly the nature of the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the number of hours per week spent in such employment.
- Background Investigation: You may need to successfully complete a background investigation.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Must maintain a valid driver's license.
- Probationary Period: You may be required to serve a one year probationary period.
- Time in Grade (TIG): Current employees/transfers must have a minimum of 52 weeks at the next lower grade GS-grade level to be eligible under Merit Promotion. An SF-50 must be provided which shows your current pay plan/series/grade to verify time-in-grade requirements are met. Failure to provide an appropriate SF-50 will result in an ineligible rating.
- Relocation Expenses: Relocation expenses are not authorized for this position.
- Promotion Potential: The selectee may be promoted to the full performance level without further competition when all regulatory, qualification, and performance requirements are met. Selection at a lower grade level does not guarantee promotion to the full performance level.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. Your application will be evaluated based on your ability to demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities/competencies:
- Emergency Management
- Intelligence Monitoring
- Written Communication
- Oral Communication
In describing your experience, please be clear and specific. We will not make assumptions regarding your experience. Please note that if, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your rating can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities, or you may lose consideration for this position. If you are referred for consideration, you may be asked to submit additional job related information, which may include, but not limited to; responses to the knowledge, skills and abilities; completion of a work sample, and/or contact for an interview. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.