A complete application includes the following documents submitted by the closing date of this announcement:
1. Resume (cover letter optional) including:
• Job-related qualifications
• Work experience (including job titles, salary, employment dates, duties and accomplishments, and how any experience relates to the competencies listed in the job announcement.)
• For every position held in the Federal Government, you MUST also identify on your resume the pay plan, series and grade of each position (i.e. GS-2210-09) and the starting and ending dates (month/year), as this information will be used to determine if you meet the Time-In-Grade requirements of the position. Failure to include this information on your resume may result in an ineligible rating and loss of consideration.
• Responses to self-assessment questions not fully supported by your resume may result in rating adjustments.
• Any experience claimed in a cover letter should also be substantiated by your resume.
2. Education Documentation - Transcripts:
• College transcripts or a statement from the institution or equivalent documentation will be accepted. Inadequate or illegible information could result in non-qualification. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable for the initial application; however, if selected, you must furnish official transcripts two weeks before entrance on duty.
Transcripts must include:
• Applicant Name
• Name of College/University
• Type of Degree (e.g., Bachelor of Science)
• Discipline (e.g., Biomedical Engineering, Computer Engineering)
• Semester hours completed
• Course names and grades
• Foreign Education: Applicants who have completed part or all of their education outside of the U.S. must have their foreign education evaluated by an accredited organization to ensure that the foreign education is comparable to education received in accredited educational institutions in the U.S. This evaluation must be provided by midnight Eastern Time on the closing date of this vacancy announcement. We will only accept the completed foreign education evaluation. For more information on Foreign Education verification, visit the US Department of Education. Another listing of services that can perform this evaluation is available at the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) website.
3. Current Career/Career-Conditional Eligibles: SF-50: Most recent SF-50 which verifies grade, full performance level of position, and eligibility for consideration as a current DOT applicant with status
OTHER SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION (where applicable):
Please submit any other supporting documentation by the closing date of this announcement. You may be contacted within 7 business days of the closing date to submit the following supporting documentation if you do not submit it with your application. Applicants claiming Veterans' Preference or CTAP/ICTAP eligibility who fail to submit supplemental documentation within 3 days of receiving the request will not lose consideration for this position; however, they will not be entitled to special or priority consideration.
Documents that may be requested after the closing date are:
1. Veterans' Preference Documentation:
• 5-point Veterans’ Preference - Member 4 copy of each Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, DD-214 or an official statement of service from your command if you are currently on active duty, or other official documentation (e.g., copy of military orders, campaign documents or expeditionary award citation, etc.) that proves your military service was performed under honorable conditions.
• 10-point Veterans’ Preference
o Member 4 copy of your DD-214,
o Standard Form (SF) 15, “Application for 10-Point Veterans’ Preference”, and
o An official statement, dated 1991 or later from the Department of Veterans Affairs or from a branch of the Armed Forces certifying to the veteran’s present receipt of compensation
For more information about Veterans’ Preference, click here.
2. Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) or Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) Documentation (all of the below):
• A copy of your specific RIF notice, written notice of your expected separation or other documentation of priority consideration status
• A copy of your latest SF-50 noting current position, grade level and duty location
• A copy of your last performance appraisal
• Documentation from your agency showing your current promotion potential
To submit supporting documents during the Vacancy Open Period:
• Upload documents when you register with USAJobs, or update your application on the Department of Commerce application site accessed through USAJobs,
• Fax documents to 571-258-4052 using the system-generated fax coversheet.
Your application and all required documentation must be received by 11:59 p.m. EST on the closing date of this job announcement.