You will serve as a Management and Program Analyst on the Mediation Team of the Office of Government Information Services (OGIS), which is within the Agency Services department of the National Archives. The OGIS office is located at 800 North Capitol Street NW, Suite 795, Washington, DC 20002.
Whether you are new to the Federal Government or an experienced professional seeking a career change, you can make history at the National Archives. Our dedicated staff work across a variety of career fields to safeguard the records of the Federal Government - more than 10 billion of them.
Visit our Employee Gallery at www.archives.gov/careers to see the kinds of dynamic projects our staff are undertaking. If you want a career where you can see the difference your work makes, then join the National Archives!
For more information on OGIS, visit: http://www.archives.gov/about/organization/summary/ogis.html.
Who May Apply:
Applications will be accepted from current and former competitive service Federal employees and people eligible under special hiring authorities such as the Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA), Disabilities Program, etc.
- Has extensive expertise with Freedom of Information Act law, policy and practice.
- Provides mediation services to FOIA requesters and Federal agencies; manages mediation cases and process including information gathering, facilitating communication and counseling customers on good FOIA practice.
- Delivers excellent customer service in carrying out the office's work including the ability to communicate effectively to various types of stakeholders both orally and in writing.
- Assists in OGIS outreach efforts including teaching and/or training, writing and/or editing for a public audience, drafting and managing web content, and public presentations.
- Assists with communication to external stakeholders including Congress, FOIA requesters and the general public.
- Assists in analyzing and evaluating the effectiveness with which OGIS program operations are meeting established goals and objectives; analyzes OGIS's own mediation cases and compliance review.