Job Title:Deputy Division Director, Division of Administrative Services
Agency:National Science Foundation
Job Announcement Number:DAS-2014-0014
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Monday, May 19, 2014 to
Monday, June 30, 2014|
SERIES & GRADE:
SES Career only.|
|1 vacancy -
Arlington, VA View Map|
WHO MAY APPLY:
|Applications accepted from US Citizens. Recent changes in Federal Appropriations Law requires Non-Citizens to meet certain eligibility criteria to be considered. Therefore, Non-Citizens must certify eligibility by signing and attaching this Citizenship Affidavit to their application. Non-citizens who do not provide the affidavit at the time of application will not be considered.|
|Q - Sensitive|
About the Agency
Please DO NOT USE the APPLY ONLINE BUTTON when applying for this announcement. Your application material should be sent to the email address indicated in the How To Apply section below.
Become a part of our mission to maintain and strengthen the vitality of the US science and engineering enterprise. For over 60 years, the National Science Foundation (NSF) has remained the premier Federal agency supporting basic research at the frontiers of discovery across all fields, as well as science and engineering education at all levels.
The Senior Executive Service (SES) covers managerial positions above GS-15 in the Federal Service. Persons appointed to the SES are eligible for health benefits, life insurance, social security, Federal retirement and thrift savings plan coverage, and participate in the Federal leave system. Career appointees are eligible for bonuses based on performance in addition to base pay. Competitive status is not required, veterans preference does not apply and there are no grade restrictions. New appointees to the SES are required to serve a one-year probationary period. Final selection of career appointees requires the approval of the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM). OPM approval will be based on the selectee's background in the following five executive core qualification areas: (1) Leading Change, (2) Leading People, (3) Results Driven Leadership, (4) Business Acumen, and (5) Building Coalitions. These areas are incorporated in the five executive/managerial requirements for the position. Information about the leadership requirements for SES-level positions is available on the OPM website.
DUTIES:Back to top
The Deputy Division Director of the Division of Administrative Services (DAS) in the Office of Information and Resource Management (OIRM) participates with the Division Director in providing leadership and direction to the Division that supports the Foundation’s varied and complex administrative activities. Key services provided by DAS include facilities management, building services, building security and employee safety, Continuity of Operations (COOP), copier program management, proposal processing, travel services and meeting management, information and visitor services, food and vending services, procurement support services, records and property management, transit subsidy management, and library services. The division develops and maintains the agency's central web sites (both Internet and intranet) and is responsible for the agency's print and electronic publishing. DAS consists of three branches: Facilities and Operations Branch, Information Dissemination Branch, and the Systems and Services Branch. The Deputy Division Director participates fully with the Division Director in the management of the division, and serves as Acting Division Director in the absence of the director.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
- Leading Change. Demonstrated ability to bring about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Includes the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment.
- Leading People. Demonstrated ability to lead people toward meeting the organization’s vision, mission, and goals. Includes the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution conflicts.
- Results-Driven Leadership. Demonstrated ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Includes the ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks.
- Business Acumen. Demonstrated ability to manage human, financial, and information resources strategically.
- Building Coalitions. Demonstrated ability to build coalitions internally and with other Federal agencies, State and local governments, nonprofit and private sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals.
Applicants currently serving under a career Senior Executive Service (SES) appointment, eligible for reinstatement into SES, or have successfully completed a SES Candidate Development Program (CDP) approved by OPM are not required to address the Executive/Managerial Qualifications (ECQs/EMs); but a narrative statement for each of the Professional/Technical Qualifications (PTQs) is recommended.
For detailed guidance on ECQs, applicants are strongly encouraged to review the Office of Personnel Management's Guide to Senior Executive Service Qualifications
- Demonstrated experience with Federal policies, regulations, and operations in a variety of administrative areas that include enterprise systems, travel services and meeting management, information and visitor services, facilities management and building services, building security and employee safety, Continuity of Operations (COOP), records and property management, and communications.
- Skill in representing administrative management policies and providing support to a wide variety of internal and external customers including members of the scientific and engineering community, leadership, support units, and other agency groups, and fostering communication, cooperation, and collaboration in support of common objectives.
- Demonstrated skill in executing transformative change across multiple administrative activities, providing training, mentoring, and leadership to supervisors of administrative operations.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Applicants will be screened for basic eligibility according to the qualification requirements. Eligible applicants will be reviewed by an Evaluation Panel according to the criteria based on the qualification requirements. The best qualified candidates will be referred to the appropriate official who will recommend selection. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, marital status, physical disability, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit reason.
There are no questions to preview in the link below.
To preview questions please click here.
BENEFITS:Back to top
You must submit all required information by the closing date. If materials are not received, your application will be evaluated solely on the information available and you may not receive full consideration or may not be considered eligible.
The individual selected will be required to file an "Executive Branch Personnel Public Financial Disclosure Report" (OGE-278) in accordance with the Ethics in Government Act of 1978.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
You must submit your application so that it will be received by 11:59 PM Eastern time on the closing date of the announcement.
Ensure that your application includes the documents listed below and reflects your background in terms of the qualification requirements for the position.1. Resume or other application format of your choice
. Your application should contain the following information: Announcement number and your country of citizenship (Non-Citizens must certify eligibility by signing and attaching this Citizenship Affidavit to their application. Non-citizens who do not provide the affidavit at the time of application will not be considered.
); Information about your education, your major, and type and year of degree(s); and Information about all your work experience, including job titles, duties, and accomplishments, employer's name and phone number, number of hours worked per week, starting and ending dates (month and year), and salary. If you have held various positions with the same employer, describe each separately.2. Narrative statement addressing your background in terms of (a)the executive/managerial, and (b)the professional/technical requirements
.3. NSF Form 1232, Applicant Survey
. We also ask that you complete and submit the Applicant Survey Form
. This will help NSF to ensure that our recruiting efforts are attracting a diverse candidate pool; it will be used for statistical purposes only.APPLICATION SUBMISSION: Applications must be received by the closing date on this announcement. Applications may be transmitted electronically to email@example.com or mailed or delivered to the following address:National Science Foundation
Division of Human Resource Management
Executive Personnel, Room 315
ATTN: DAS-2014-00144201 Wilson Blvd.
Arlington, VA 22230 Inquiries or questions should be directed to: Executive Personnel Staff at (703) 292-4345; hearing impaired individuals should call TDD (703) 292-5090 for assistance.
Additional information on the NSF mission, structure, programs, and operations may be accessed through our website. The NSF provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities on a case-by-case basis. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of this application and hiring process, please notify the point of contact on this job opportunity announcement.
IMPORTANT NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER OR DATE OF BIRTH ON YOUR APPLICATION DOCUMENTS.
Please review your application packet to ensure that you have submitted all documentation that you want considered.
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
The Evaluation Panel will rate and rank each eligible applicant based on the qualification requirements and refer the top candidate to the selecting official.