District of Columbia, Superior Court
The United States Marshals Service is the nations oldest and most versatile federal law enforcement agency. The missions of the Service include protection of the judiciary, court security, witness security, asset seizure and forfeiture, apprehension of fugitives, prisoner transportation and custody.
Vacancy ID: 1120492
Job Title: Budget Analyst, GS-0560-09
Promotion Potential: 09
Duty Location: Washington DC, DC United States 1 vacancy
Open Period: Wednesday, June 11, 2014 - Tuesday, June 17, 2014
Salary Range - $52,146.00 - $67,787.00 Annually
Who May Apply: You may apply if you are a US Citizen or National
The incumbent of this position serves as a Budget Analyst in a United States Marshals Service (USMS) District Office. The incumbent is responsible for performing routine budget administration duties for the District.
Major duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- Monitoring obligations, expenditures, reimbursements, and transfers through the automated accrual based accounting system in the execution of the District's budget.
- Compiling, consolidating, and summarizing budgetary data.
- Developing and maintaining financial spreadsheets.
- Preparing charts, budget reports, and making forecasts of expenditures.
- Entering obligations and ensuring expenditures occur on a timely basis in accordance with the annual workplan and regulatory controls.
- Assisting the Administrative Officer in preparing monthly financial reviews, budget surveys, etc.
- Reviewing and analyzing recorded accounting data for the financial month end.
- Utilizing the Purchase Card Information System (PCIS) to monitor and track purchase card charges.