The Indian Health Service (IHS) is the principal federal health care provider and health advocate for American Indians and Alaska Natives (AI/AN). The IHS goal is to raise Indian health status to the highest possible level. IHS provides leadership and direction to programs and activities designed to improve health outcomes to over 1.9 million AI/AN through a system of IHS, Tribal, and Urban operated facilities and programs.
The IHS is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified applicants who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. The IHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is being announced concurrently under Delegated Examining procedures. Please review vacancy announcement number IHS-14-OK-1123087-DE for eligibility requirements. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered under both announcements.
This position serves as the Property Custodial Officer/GSA Fleet Manager for all personal property/GSA Fleet of the Clinton Service Unit. The incumbent will plan, direct and coordinate all property and supply operations such as storage, distribution, inventory control, disposal and accountability of supplies, services, and motor vehicles. The position reports to the Administrative Officer of the Clinton Service Unit.
- Serves as the Receiving Agent to verify shipments received
- Maintains accountability for all property, supplies, and motor vehicles
- Utilizes an electronic inventory system to track supplies/equipment and produce reports
- Process documents pertaining to acquisition, maintenance, inventory and disposition of property/supply
- Supervises and plans work to be completed by staff
- Occasional Travel
- Travel may be required within the Clinton Service Unit.