About the Agency
Division: Terrorist Screening Center (TSC)
Location: Vienna, Va
Working Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
The Terrorist Screening Center (TSC)
The Terrorist Screening Center (TSC), a multiagency organization, operates and manages the Terrorist Screening Database which serves as the U.S. Government's consolidated watchlist for counterterrorism screening information and is commonly referred to as the Terrorist Watchlist. TSC also updates and manages the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) No-Fly and selectee programs. The core mission functions of the TSC are counterterrosim watchlisting, Known or Suspected Terrorist (KST) screening and encounter management, and information sharing.
The FBI must ensure our workforce is fully staffed to continue protecting our nation and combating crime. As a result, the FBI is committed to achieving FY 2014 hiring goals. Effective, Monday, April 28, 2014, FBI employees will be precluded from moving to another position within the Bureau by means of promotion, reassignment or change to lower grade unless the new position is career enhancing (headquarters to field or field to headquarters) or offers a greater promotional potential than the position in which they are currently serving. Supervisory positions are excluded from the moratorium.
- Responsible for allocating, distributing, and monitoring approved appropriations efficiently among all Divisional components
- Assists in ensuring that budget material is complete, accurate, consistent, and adequate to support the in-depth review which is afforded such material by DOJ, OMB, Congressional Appropriations Committees, and other groups who have oversight responsibilities over portions of the Bureau's ongoing operations
- Develops detailed strategy and background documentation for presenting the Division's budget to top-level executives
- Participates actively in organizational level sessions to arrive at overall program strategies which will be persued through the use of formulated funding, or the identification of alternative funding
- Determines the amount, timing and sequence of the obligation and expenditure of funds based on individual operational needs, program/subprogram objectives and changing priorities