In order to meet the minimum qualifications for this PRODUCTION CONTROLLER (CONSTRUCTION) position, you must meet the following criteria.
Experience, education or training which indicates the candidate can reason in quantitative terms, communicate orally and in writing in a clear and concise manner, understanding the terminology and data pertaining to repair operations and process characteristics of the production activity.
Must have at least 24 months experience, education or training preparing job or work orders; scheduling various phases of projects into the production facility; following up to see if work is progressing as planned and arranging for adjustments in materials, machine processes, and work sequencing allowing for changes. Experience with current automation support programs to input data, provide status of equipment, and monitor job order status, monitor work priorities, requisition repair parts, track repair parts status, etc.
Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of the KSA's listed below. Applicants are encouraged to address the KSA's in their application or resume or by submitting a supplemental statement with their application. Written response to each KSA will ensure that specialized experience criteria is recognized and credited.
1. An in-depth, comprehensive and intensive practical knowledge of the production methods, procedures, equipment, materials, and personnel skills available to accomplish projects that are generally of a recurring nature and to develop information necessary for control of a complex program such as: multi-shop long term scheduling, developing plans and specifications and multi-trade material list for phasing of complex long-term facility repair and construction projects.
2. Extensive knowledge, understanding, and use of terminology, data, and standards relating to validating, planning, estimating, scheduling, and expediting work and how to relate them properly to new projects.
3. Knowledge of supply and logistic functions such as material and equipment ordering procedures and their forms and the proper use of CE resources for each requirement.
4. Knowledge and experience to observe and analyze progress of projects and ability to determine if schedules are being followed, if they can be improved, and to determine causes of delays in meeting completion deadlines.
5. Ability to coordinate with internal and external organizations and businesses in support of production control and logistic activities in CE to ensure proper supply handling, scheduling and the expediting of the work.
6. Knowledge, skill, and experience in OSHA and other departmental regulations, as well as base operation plans, and how they interface with program execution.
7. Expert knowledge of CE automated systems. Must be thoroughly familiar with all aspects of how the various automated material acquisition systems interface and what effect they have on material acquisition.
8. Knowledge of warehouse management, supply and material requisitioning and vehicle control operations.
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: Selected candidates will be required to be in a compatible military grade and assignment prior to the effective date of placement.
Compatible Military Assignments:
YOU MUST ALREADY BE A MEMBER OF THE NEW YORK AIR NATIONAL GUARD TO BE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION.
PLEASE NOTE: In order for your application to be considered, you need to submit the following document:
(Resume must have a from and to date for each position worked in. The date must be month and year. Ex: 02/2012
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills and abilities required of this position. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating and eligibility.
All qualified applicants will be forwarded to the selecting official, unless there are more than seven qualified applicants. In this case, the evaluation procedures in DMNA PAM 690-4, Chapter 5 will be used to further screen candidates prior to referral. A panel of three members will be appointed to rate the candidates using the KSA factors. Experience will be evaluated in terms of type and quality in relation to the requirements of the position. Length of service or experience will only be used when there is a clear relationship with quality of performance or when necessary to break ties when all other ratings are equal.
Following the determination of basic eligibility of the candidates as outlined in DMNA PAM 690-4, Chapter 5, qualified applicants will be referred to the selection official in the following sequence:
1. Category I: All excepted service technicians in the New York Army National Guard for Army technician vacancies and all excepted service technicians in the New York Air National Guard for Air technician vacancies, working at the location specified in the job announcement where the vacancy exists.
2. Category II: All currently employed excepted service technicians in either the New York Army or New York Air National Guard.
3. Category III: Qualified members of the New York National Guard (Army or Air), to include AGR personnel and temporary and Indefinite technicians, or other individuals who are willing to become members of the New York Army or Air National Guard.
* If there are fewer than three qualified applicants in Category I, then qualified applicants from Category II, III will be forwarded to the selection official, in sequential order, to provide at least three qualified applicants.