Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
As a Program Coordinator in the Food and Drug Administration(FDA), Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition (CFSAN), Office of Nutrition, Labeling, and Dietary Supplements, Division of Dietary Supplements Programs, Dietary Supplement Regulations Implementation Team. Incumbent serves as a Program Coordinator responsible for specialized projects with the team that facilitates the Office's regulatory oversight of dietary supplements.
This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement FDA-CFSN-14-MP-1120866BB under merit promotion procedures.Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under merit promotion procedures.NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
This job opportunity announcement may be used FDA-wide to fill additional vacancies within the same geographical location.
- Performs administration of the Office's programs to issue Certificates of Free Sale (COFS) for dietary supplements, medical foods, infant formula and other foods for special dietary use.
- Applies Foods for Special Dietary Use (FSDU) laws, regulations and policies to review label statements and ingredients.
- Identifies dietary ingredient listings that are used in dietary supplements and foods for special dietary use.
- Develops and maintains the Office's official file of notifications submitted to Food and Drug Administration pursuant to section 403 (r) (6) of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act.
- Works under the direction of the Team Leader/Branch Chief, but independently on special projects that include review and collection of Internet and media promotional materials of dietary supplements, toxicology/safety assessment of ingredients, composing warning letters to address noncompliance.