You too can make a difference in our world. The work of the US Fish and Wildlife Service is meaningful and varied. Want to know more about what it is like to work for us? Click here to watch short podcasts entitled Meet Your New Boss! and Diversity is our Strength.
No PCS/moving benefits are authorized.
This position is located within the Arthur R. Marshall Loxahatchee National Wildlife Refuge in Boynton Beach, FL.
This is a TERM position. At management's
discretion, this appointment may be extended up to the 4-year limit. This TERM
position provides eligiblity for the incumbent to earn leave and to receive
Federal retirement coverage, health insurance, and life insurance. However,
TERM appointments do not confer competitive status and do not lead to permanent
All application materials and supporting documentation must be received by the closing date of this announcement (including Veterans Preference documentation).
- Assists in the planning and implementation of wildlife censuses and surveys.
- Monitors and assists in control of wildlife, pest plant control, mowing/seeding activities, vegetation removal and mapping/GPSing of pest plant species.
- Participates in field surveys of fish populations.
- Applies chemicals to impounded waters to control undesirable aquatic vegetation and algae.
- Applies fish toxicant to control undesirable fish species.
- Conducts fish sampling.
- Makes public presentations and gives tours of Refuge.
- Occasional Travel
- Travel required to numerous meetings within a 70 mile radius of the Refuge