Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
As a Biologist in the Office of Center Director/Office of Research at the National Center for Toxicological Research (NCTR), you will serve as a biologist participating as part of a research team investigating fundamental questions of biochemical mechanisms of toxicity.
This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement FDA-NCTR-MP-14-1119341TM under merit promotion procedures. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under merit promotion procedures. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
This job opportunity announcement may be used FDA-wide to fill additional vacancies within the same geographical location.
- Performs experiments designed to elucidate the biochemical mechanisms of toxicities, including carcinogenesis.
- Administer test agents, some that may be hazardous, to animal subjects.
- Collaborates with research scientists to discuss scope and objectives of research projects.
- Performs experiments in accordance with approved methods and procedures.
- Operates, maintains, and troubleshoots specialized laboratory equipment and instrumentation.