Minimum Requirements: Experience, education or training which involves the exercise of analytical ability, judgment, discretion, and personal responsibility, and application of a substantial body of knowledge of principles, concepts and practices applicable to one or more fields of administration or management. Experience using computer and automation systems.
Specialized Experience: Must have at least 36 months experience, education, or training involving the administering, delivering, maintaining, advising, and adapting advanced concepts, principles, and theories of Human Resources to the unique organizational, management, and mission requirements. Experience assisting in the development of Human Resources policies and procedures. Experience advising management on Human Resources principles and practices.
Knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) listed below will be used in the selection process. KSAs are important to the entire selection process and should be addressed specifically and completely within the resume'.
1. Knowledge of, and skill in applying a wide range of HR concepts, practices, laws, regulations, policies and precedents sufficient to provide state level comprehensive HR management advisory and technical services on substantive organizational (ANG and ARNG) functions and work practices.
2. Ability to interact with all levels of management and labor unions as a strategic business partner in the delivery of performance management objectives, benefit eligibility, and may include discipline or adverse action management, requiring a broad approach and intensity of analysis.
3. Requires an understanding of the relationship between management needs and National Guard goals and objectives.
4. Ability to deal effectively with key management officials on highly controversial employee issues and decisions.
5. This position requires a broad approach and intensity to resolve complex problems and issues when guidelines are not directly applicable.
6. Practical knowledge of other HRO functional areas, i.e. Recruitment and Placement, Classification, Labor Relations, Equal Employment Opportunity, etc. for purposes of interacting and resolving issues.
7. Knowledge of the different philosophies and structures of the ANG and ARNG within the state.
8. Knowledge of the rules and procedures that apply to National Guard full-time employees, i.e., dual status (DS)/non-dual status (NDS), Active Guard Reserves (AGR), Active Duty Special Work (ADSW), etc.
9. Ability to develop and present employee programs and policies to management and employees to gain acceptance and understanding of findings and recommendations.
Quality of Experience: Level of time is not of itself qualifying. Candidates' experience should be evaluated on the basis of duties performed rather than strictly on the rank of the individual; however, established compatibility criteria/assignments must be followed. The applicant's record of experience training, and education must show possession of the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to fully perform the duties of the Miscellaneous Administration and Program Positions.
Substitution of Education for Specialized Experience: A maximum of 12 months of the required experience may be substituted by successful completion of undergraduate study in an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 semester hours. The education must have been in fields directly related to the type of work of the position.
Military Assignment (Dual Status Only): Occupants of this position must maintain continuous military membership in the North Carolina Army National Guard (NCARNG). Assignment to a compatible Enlisted (E8 & below) position in the NCARNG is mandatory. (ENL MOS: 42A)
Security Clearance: Employment is subject to attaining and maintaining a security clearance as required by the position (ANACI minimum).
Direct Deposit: The applicant selected for this position will be required to participate in the Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer Program.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To validate your qualifications for this job, a review of your résumé and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire and supporting documents. If, after reviewing your résumé and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have misrepresented your qualifications and/or experience, your rating will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.