Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
As a Biologist in the Office of Center Director/Office of Research at the National Center for Toxicological Research (NCTR) you will serve as a biologist, providing laboratory assistance to senior investigators by performing a variety of laboratory experiments in supports of research programs and projects.
This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement FDA-NCTR-MP-14-1119042TM under merit promotion procedures. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under merit promotion procedures. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
This job opportunity announcement may be used FDA-wide to fill additional vacancies within the same geographical location.
- Collaborates with research scientists to discuss scope and objectives of research projects.
- Performs experiments in accordance with approved methods and procedures.
- Maintains complete, detailed records of all experiments performed.
- Performs laboratory experiments in tissue culture, molecular biology, or protein biochemistry.
- Maintains and manages the functions and integrity of the working research environment.