About the Agency
The Lead Payment Disbursement Specialist works in Payment Management, Kansas City Regional Financial Center, Project Management and Operations Branch. This position is for the evening shift and includes serving as a team leader and operating and maintaining printing and other equipment, analyzing equipment operations, implementing internal procedures, and performing quality assurance.
As a Lead Payment Disbursement Specialist, you will:
- Lead the team in identifying, distributing, and balancing workload and tasks to team members.
- Operate and maintain a variety of equipment to include printers, print detective systems, inserts, enclosers, mail sorters and strapping machines and other miscellaneous equipment. Follow system/equipment schedules and work with vendor representatives to expedite maintenance/service requirements in order for systems/equipment to be available and reliable during production.
- Use a printing system to print U.S. Government checks and related financial documents. Operate printing and inserting systems and equipment, including integrated software applications, to set-up, print, insert, divert, sort and stage paper-check payments and associated inserts.
- Perform analysis of inserter counts vs. payment data documents to verify the accuracy of inserter generated payment products and annotate validated information in automated control logs.
- Investigate, isolate, and resolve problems involving/affecting checks managed by the Center.