GS-7 Level: Applicants must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-6 level (in the Federal sector). Specialized experience includes a demonstrated knowledge and understanding of governing budgetary policies, precedent setting decisions, procedures, and regulations; a demonstrated knowledge of financial systems and methods used to reconcile financial accounts; a demonstrated knowledge of fiscal and resource planning, budgeting, allocation, procurement, and other budget execution processes; and skill and ability in the use of electronic data collection, verification, and calculation tools.
Specialized experience is experience that has equipped you with the particular ability, skill, and knowledge to successfully perform the duties of this position and is typically in or related to this line of work.
This position does not have a positive education requirement.
If you are including education on your resume, report only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
We will review your résumé and supporting documentation to ensure you meet the basic qualification requirements. If you meet the minimum qualifications, your experience, education and training will be rated using the on-line assessment to place you in one of three categories. The necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities to perform this job are:
- Knowledge of governing budgetary policies, precedent setting decisions, procedures, and regulations
- Knowledge of financial systems and methods used to reconcile financial accounts
- Knowledge of fiscal and resource planning, budgeting, allocation, procurement, and other budget execution processes
- Skill and ability in the use of electronic data collection, verification, and calculation tools
If you meet the minimum qualifications, you will be placed in one of the following categories:
1. Best Qualified: Applicants possessing a background that demonstrates a superior level of all evaluation criteria.
2. Well Qualified: Applicants possessing a background that demonstrates a satisfactory level of the evaluation criteria.
3. Qualified: Applicants possessing the basic qualifications, with general knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Your resume and responses to the self-assessment questions are an integral part of the process for determining your qualifications for the position. Therefore, you must support your responses to the self-assessment questions by providing examples of past and present experience in your resume.
Veterans with 5-point preference who meet the eligibility and qualification requirements are placed above non-preference eligibles within the category in which they are qualified. Veterans who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10% are listed in the best qualified category, except when the position being filled is scientific or professional at the GS-09 grade level or higher. For information on veterans' preference, click here. To preview questions please click here.