About the Agency
Apply for this exciting position to support the CG missions of safeguarding our Nation's maritime interests in the heartland, in the ports, at sea, and around the globe.
For over two centuries the The U.S. Coast Guard has protected the maritime economy and the environment, we defend our maritime borders, and we save those in peril. This history has forged our character and purpose as America's Maritime Guardian - Always Ready for all hazards and all threats.
This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Coast Guard, C4IT Service Center, Asset Logistics Division, Financial Management Branch, in Alexandria, VA.
The incumbent will serve as a budget technician within the Reconciliation Section of the Financial Management Branch.
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team. Typical work assignments include:
- Using Coast Guard Enterprise Financial Systems to enter, update, verify, data and documents which depict the allocation and distribution of Service Center fiscal resources.
- Reconciling select Service Center fiscal program elements. Collecting and analyzing data for preparation of documents associated with the use and distribution of Service Center fiscal and property resources.
- Evaluating all variances and deviations from the Service Center's fiscal plan, based on internal or external documentation and reports.
- Reviewing the Service Center's financial management plans of fiscal management activity to identify deviations.
- Preparing reports on an as-needed basis using fiscal methods, means, and formulas to resolve and correct data anomalies due to source, collection, or processing variances.