About the Agency
Building on a Tradition of Excellence and Meeting the Challenges of the Future The Secret Service is a premier law enforcement organization with two critical national security missions: protect our nation's leaders and to conduct criminal investigations. Our team members continue a tradition of excellence - whether investigating financial crime or protecting national and visiting foreign leaders. In the Secret Service, we serve the country with duty, loyalty, justice, integrity and courage. In the Secret Service, we:
- Protect the President, the Vice President, and other leaders; investigate threats against them; and safeguard their residences and other facilities
- Plan and implement security designs for National Special Security Events
- Investigate financial crimes including fraud, identity theft and computer-based attacks on banking or telecommunications infrastructure
Joining the Secret Service, Office of Investigations, Pretoria Resident Office will allow you to oversee critical functions that have an impact on the office’s administrative program areas and be relied upon by the management staff to provide advice and guidance on administrative matters. Apply for this exciting opportunity to impact and enhance the administrative operations of the office by providing a variety of essential management services. This Administrative Officer position starts at a salary of $41,979 (GS-9, step 1), with promotion potential to $66,027 (GS-11, step 10). For more information on the Secret Service click here.
The selectee will serve as Administrative Officer in the Office of Investigations, Pretoria Resident Office. Typical work assignments include:
- Managing a variety of administrative and support services, as well as support for protective and investigative functions for the office.
- Administering functions to include human resources, finance and procurement, maintenance of facilities, property and records, automated data processing, telecommunications support.
- Preparing and developing reports, financial data, and statistical analysis.
- Using various criminal databases to conduct checks; maintaining cost tracking reports; and assisting investigators in preparing survey reports.