Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services secures America's promise as a nation of immigrants by providing accurate and useful information to our customers, granting immigration and citizenship benefits, promoting an awareness and understanding of citizenship, and ensuring the integrity of our immigration system. Visit us at www.uscis.gov.
Everyday our Statisticians direct and conduct analytical studies and research projects using advanced statistical techniques
This position of STATISTICIAN starts at a salary of $75,621.00 (GS-12 step 1), to $138,136.00 (GS-14 step 10). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Office of Performance and Quality in Washington, DC within U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
For definitions of terms found in this announcement, please click here
This position is in the bargaining unit.
This position is not considered "essential" for purposes of reporting to work when the facility might otherwise be closed.
Relocation expenses are authorized if you are assigned to the RAIO program and have been approved for rotation from an overseas assignment. Relocation expenses for employees assigned to an OCONUS location will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Note: USCIS may fill one or more positions using this vacancy.
The duties described are for the full-performance level. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence, and limited complexity.
As a Statistician in the Forecasting and Modeling Branch within the Office of Performance and Quality (OPQ), you will, at the direction of the Forecasting and Modeling Branch Chief and OPQ:
- Direct and conduct analytical studies and research projects using advanced statistical techniques.
- Provide expert advice concerning the selection of appropriate statistical methodologies for specific applications and oversee the implementation of the methods selected.
- Recognize situations the may require new approaches and devise appropriate and effective applications of statistical methods, often in areas where no precedent exists; continually identify opportunitues for improvement.
- Act independently in the planning and execution of a variety of projects and make authoritative decisions requiring considerable technical and administrative judgment.
- Report on findings, estimates, forecasts, and/or recommendations to internal and external stakeholders.
- Apply project management principles to effectively lead team to produce quality products on time and with cooportation from the team.