About the Agency
When disaster strikes, America looks to FEMA. Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
The person filling this position develops, coordinates, disseminates, and evaluates emergency management communications strategies, tactics, and products to support proactive, cross-audience communications activities designed to reach tribal, local, state, federal stakeholders and other external audiences. This position starts at a salary of $88179 (GS-13). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the External Affairs team within FEMA Region TEN in Bothell, WA.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position, typical assignments include:
- Managing a team responsible for building relationships with targeted audiences in the private sector or non-governmental organizations.
- Researching, planning, implementing and evaluating communications strategies designed to address specific stakeholder needs.
- Providing project management support to others in the organization to help organize major events.
- Supporting senior staff and management with background information on matters related to communicating with various organizations.
- 25% or Greater
- Travel is in conjunction with performance of assigned duties during pre and post disaster periods.