Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
As a Consumer Safety Officer in the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER), Office of Compliance (OC), you will provide guidance and consultation regarding inspection and investigation methods and procedures necessary to accomplish compliance/enforcement/regulatory objectives.
This announcement is open continuous till the closing date. Provided below are the following cut-off dates for certification:
- June 21, 2014
- July 21, 2014
- August 20, 2014
This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement HHS-FDA-CDER-14-MP-1117944BB under merit promotion procedures. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under merit promotion procedures. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
This job opportunity announcement will be used FDA-wide to fill additional vacancies within the same geographical locations.
- Participates as a subject matter specialist in the onsite evaluation of field activities.
- Conducts research into legal precedents and legislative history of the Acts enforced by FDA and prepares position papers for top FDA managers based on research.
- Drafts responses to correspondence from within and outside the agency concerning FDA regulated products.
- Interact with formal and informal groups and the general public regarding a range of consumer and biological product safety and availability issues.
- Provides support to agency task forces establishing new or receiving regulations, procedures and programs with national and international impact.
- Adapts and applies investigative methods and negotiating techniques to conduct inspections and investigations of manufacturers and operations.
- Occasional Travel
- Domestic and International