About the Agency
Apply for this exciting position to support the CG missions of safeguarding our Nation's maritime interests in the heartland, in the ports, at sea, and around the globe.
For over two centuries the The U.S. Coast Guard has protected the maritime economy and the environment, we defend our maritime borders, and we save those in peril. This history has forged our character and purpose as America's Maritime Guardian - Always Ready for all hazards and all threats.
This position is located in Department of Homeland Security(DHS), United States Coast Guard, Seventh Coast Guard District, in Miami, FL.
The incumbent serves as the Waterway Analysis Management Systems (WAMS) Administrator/ Project Officer for the Federal Aids to Navigation for the Seventh District, responsible for planning, coordinating, overseeing and assisting as needed in the preparation of all WAMS studies and overseeing all Federal Aids to navigation Projects for the Seventh District.
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team. Typical work assignments include:
- Administering and managing the Seventh District's Waterway Analysis Management Systems (WAMS) program and Federal Aids to Navigation Projects for the states of South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Puerto Rico, and Guantanamo Bay, Cuba
- Receiving and reviewing ACOE Federal Navigation Project hydrographic surveys
- Evaluating Aids to Navigation (AtoN) requirements of affect user groups
- Providing District policy and guidance for the administration of Short-Range Aids to Navigation missions
- Preparing correspondence to various Coast Guard units, Coast Guard Headquarters, other federal and state agencies and the general public
- Soliciting, collecting, acquiring, evaluating, selecting, compiling, and presenting broad-range of navigational and related operational data for inclusion
- Managing waterways safety issues, speaking with the full authority of the marine safety program in public and industry forums related to waterways safety
- Occasional Travel
- This position requires occasional travel.