Basic Requirement: Applicants must have IT-related experience demonstrating:
1.) Attention to Detail
2.) Customer Service
3.) Oral Communication
4.) Problem Solving; -OR- Meet the education detailed in the qualification standards.
In addition to meeting the basic requirement, qualified applicants must possess: One year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to that of the next lower grade (GS-11) within the federal service, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position, is required.
Specialized experience is defined as: administering mainframe security using Computer Associates (CA) TopSecret and Access Control Facility (ACF2) security products to grant user access, produce and evaluate reports, and resolve security issues within a z/OS operating systems environment; interpreting, managing, or facilitating changes to Information Assurance (IA) policies and procedures; providing guidance to I&T management, staff and customers; and developing controls for common IT Service Management processes (e.g., access management) based on government or industry best practices, policies and laws.
Examples of Qualifying Specialized Experience include: Integrating IA or security policies into workforce by converting policy into standards, processes or procedures; providing review and oversight for IT systems with regard to applicable laws, regulations and policy; reviewing audit results and implementing recommendations relating to IA policy; working with validations of IA control compliance, and audits automated information systems using the Federal Information System Controls Audit Manual (FISCAM) or other related audit methodology to validate assigned systems Audit Readiness.
Education is not substitutable for specialized experience for this grade level.
Background or Security Investigation: This is a non-critical sensitive position and requires a secret access. Employment in this position requires a background investigation which may delay your starting date. If you are selected and cannot obtain a favorable security determination within a reasonable period of time due to disclosed or undisclosed background issues, the employment offer may be withdrawn. Individuals selected for this position are required to obtain and maintain a favorable security determination to occupy a sensitive position within the agency as a condition of employment. Failure to maintain eligibility to occupy a sensitive position may result in termination. For more information see the security section of Understanding Vacancy Announcements.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application will be evaluated and rated under the Category Rating and Selection Procedures. All information included in the resume and Occupational Questionnaire is subject to review and verification. HR will review your resume and supporting documentation to ensure you meet the minimum qualification requirements. Applicants meeting the minimum requirements will be further evaluated based upon information you provided in the Occupational Questionnaire. If a determination is made that the work experience described in your submitted resume does not support your responses to the self-assessment questionnaire, your score may be reduced, and you may lose consideration for this position. If you are already a DFAS employee, you may be subject to disciplinary action up to and including removal from Federal service.
Eligible candidates will then be placed for selection consideration into 3 categories as described below:
1. Qualified Category - Meets the minimum qualifications as described in the Qualifications section of this announcement.
2. Highly Qualified Category Exceeds the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates proficiency in some of the job-related competencies based on the answers to the occupational questionnaire .
3. Best Qualified Category Exceeds the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates a high level of proficiency in the job related competencies based on the answers to the occupational questionnaire.
The Assessment Questionnaire takes approximately 15 minutes to complete and collects information on your education, training and experience related to the following critical competencies:
- Technical Competence: Uses knowledge that is acquired through formal training or extensive on the job experience to perform ones job; works with, understands and evaluates technical information related to the job, advises others on technical issues.
- Information Systems/Network Security: Knowledge of methods, tools, and procedures, including development of information security plans, to prevent information systems vulnerabilities, and provide or restore security of information systems and network services.
- Problem Solving: Identify problems; determine accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives; and to make recommendations.
- Customer Service: Work with clients and customers to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations.
DFAS recognizes the value of competencies gained through formal education and professional certifications. To ensure that consistent credit is given for these credentials in the selection process DFAS has developed standard selection criteria to be used when filling positions in professional and administrative series. Selections for professional and administrative positions will be based on four categories of selection criteria: Experience, Other, Education, and Certifications.
IMPORTANT NOTE - YOU MUST FOLLOW ALL APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY. ERRORS OR OMISSIONS MAY AFFECT YOUR RATING.