Secure the Homeland
Proud to Protect
Are you interested in a job where your primary purpose will be to serve as the Chief of Staff in one of the National Protection and Programs Directorate's components? Then consider joining the Infrastructure Security Compliance Division (ISCD), Office of Infrastructure Protection (IP), National Protection and Programs Directorate (NPPD), Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
Come work with the best to prevent and deter terrorist attacks, protect against and respond to potential threats, ensure safe and secure borders, welcome immigrants and visitors, and promote the free-flow of commerce. This mission of the U. S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is carried out every day by the dedicated men and women who answer the noble calling of public service with courage and enthusiasm. With a diverse and critical mission, we lead the unified national effort to secure America. In today's interconnected world, our country's security challenges are constantly evolving. To meet these challenges, DHS fosters a culture that values and promotes diversity, teamwork, flexibility, and innovation.
In Headquarters, we coordinate, plan, and guide the Department's work across all DHS components. You could enjoy a career that includes research, administration and management, legal work, budget and finance, cyber security, infrastructure protection and intelligence analysis. Our services touch every U.S. citizen, and our goal is to secure our country across land and sea. Come join the team who is "Proud to Protect".
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED FROM: All U.S. Citizens and Status Candidates.
More than one selection may be made from this announcement should the need arise.
This vacancy has been amended to extend closing date to May 30, 2014.
- Manage the Office of the Director, as well as oversight of the Director's Office administrative functions, including stakeholder relations, customer service, legislative affairs, communications public messaging, executive secretariat, audit liaison, and event coordination.
- Provide guidance, policy interpretation and advisory service to management and staff division wide and coordinate division outreach projects.
- Ensure that the organization's strategic plan, mission, vision and values are articulated to the workforce and integrated into goals, work plans, and services.
- Maintain contact and relationship with other Department of Homeland Security components, government agencies, business managers, and contractors to exchange ideas.
- Occasional Travel
- Overnight travel of 6 to 10 nights per month may be required