Secure the Homeland
Proud to Protect
Are you interested in a job where your primary purpose will be to conduct and direct assessments of the nations critical infrastructure (CI) sector operations, requiring insight into complex issues, the outcomes of which may have national implications? Then consider joining the Sector-Specific Agency Executive Management Office, Office of Infrastructure Protection (IP), National Protection and Programs Directorate (NPPD), Department of Homeland Security (DHS). For more information about the Office of Infrastructure Protection see: http://www.dhs.gov/office-infrastructure-protection.
Come work with the best to prevent and deter terrorist attacks, protect against and respond to potential threats, ensure safe and secure borders, welcome immigrants and visitors, and promote the free-flow of commerce. This mission of the U. S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is carried out every day by the dedicated men and women who answer the noble calling of public service with courage and enthusiasm. With a diverse and critical mission, we lead the unified national effort to secure America. In today's interconnected world, our country's security challenges are constantly evolving. To meet these challenges, DHS fosters a culture that values and promotes diversity, teamwork, flexibility, and innovation.
In Headquarters, we coordinate, plan, and guide the Department's work across all DHS components. You could enjoy a career that includes research, administration and management, legal work, budget and finance, cyber security, infrastructure protection and intelligence analysis. Our services touch every U.S. citizen, and our goal is to secure our country across land and sea. Come join the team who is "Proud to Protect".
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED FROM: All U.S. Citizens and Status Candidates.
More than one selection may be made from this announcement should the need arise.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting and coordinating analyses in matters related to the security and resilience of the Nation's critical infrastructure.
- In conjunction with senior level analysts, manage and execute information sharing programs and activities with infrastructure owners and operators to enhance the security and resilience of the Nation's critical infrastructure.
- Interface with and maintain effective relationships with government officials and private sector representative in order to support the coordination and implementation of collaborative strategies to enhance the security and resilience of the Nation's critical infrastructure.
- Conduct assessments of internal programs and activities (or segments thereof), to evaluate progress, products, and outcomes, and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Provide support to analytical efforts focused on evaluation of cross-sector interdependencies and cascading impacts associated with the Nation's critical infrastructure.
- Occasional Travel
- Overnight travel of 6-10 nights per month may be required.