The Indian Health Service (IHS) is the principal federal health care provider and health advocate for American Indians and Alaska Natives (AI/AN). The IHS goal is to raise Indian health status to the highest possible level. IHS provides leadership and direction to programs and activities designed to improve health outcomes to over 1.9 million AI/AN through a system of IHS, Tribal, and Urban operated facilities and programs.
The IHS is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified applicants who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. The IHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is being announced concurrently under Excepted Service Examining Plan/Merit Promotion Plan (ESEP/MPP) procedures. Please review vacancy announcement number IHS-14-AQ-117424-ESEP/MP; for eligibility requirements. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
This position is located geographically in the Albuquerque Area Office, Albuquerque, NM and serves as the Nurse Recruiter for the Southeast Region. The Southeast Region consists of the Albuquerque Area, Oklahoma Area and Nashville Area of Indian Health Service. The purpose of this position is to serve as the Nurse Recruiter for all hospitals and clinics and to develop and manage the recruitment, retention and marketing for all nursing programs within the Southeast Region. The Nurse conducts analysis and reviews to track nurse recruitment and retention processes, vacancy rates, high turn-over, and performs other duties as it relates to utilization on a region-wide basis. The Regional Nurse Recruiter is under the direct supervision of the Albuquerque Area Nurse Consultant.
Area of Consideration: All Sources
- Responsible for development and implementation of regional nurse recruitment program.
- Provides data analysis, trends, etc. of recruitment strategies, marketing analysis, and salary analysis.
- Develops marketing plan for regional nurse recruitment program.
- Develops relationships with colleges and universities, and professional organizations to improve recruitment strategies.
- Attends local, area, regional, and national Agency conferences and meetings.
- Occasional Travel
- Travel may be required to Service Units within the Albuquerque Area and/or Southeast Region.