Job Title: Purchasing & Supply Management SpecialistJob Announcement Number: PH-CF-2014-1117454
Agency: U.S. Postal Service
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year
Friday, May 09, 2014 to
Friday, May 23, 2014
SERIES & GRADE:
Full Time -
3 vacancies in the following location:
Washington DC, DC View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
Applicants must also be a U.S. citizen or have permanent resident alien status. Current career Postal Service employees are ineligible to apply to this posting.
Come join the U.S. Postal Service!
Obtains proposals, negotiates, administers, and settles contracts and purchases. Defines long and short-term business and customer needs. Completes market and industry trend analysis. Analyzes purchasing and supply management practices, and conducts supplier value and cost analysis to include logistics related activities; makes supplier selections and implements consolidation of suppliers.
- You must be a U.S. Citizen.
DUTIES:Back to top
1. Performs strategic needs assessment to identify customers needs for services, supplies, and equipment; uses assessment to determine requirements, and solicitation criteria, including production needs, quantities, delivery requirements and industry to be sourced.
2. Prepares contract solicitations, determines specific contract language, clauses, and best type of contract; evaluates offers and recommends source selections.
3. Conducts supplier value and cost analysis to address logistics, pricing, leverage, competitive advantage, and other industry factors related to purchase; performs supplier capability assessment, past performance reviews, customer evaluations and other review methods to create and develop supplier performance data.
4. Conducts supplier value and cost analysis, defining supplier's profit margin and variable and fixed costs against industry cost structure; develops an evaluation of suppliers with the customer.
5. Performs market and industry trend analysis to determine availability of services, supplies, equipment, and products; monitors industry factors related to purchase of product and/or service.
6. Requests and evaluates supplier proposals for satisfying selection criteria, awarding contracts, leverage opportunities, and pricing data; establishes strong supplier relationships and partnerships.
7. Plans and conducts negotiations on price, technical require- ments, terms, and conditions of the contract; obtains audits and pricing reports where needed to develop negotiation strategy; performs contract management.
8. Manages projects, including identifying resources, developing timelines, risk analysis, monitoring progress, providing technical guidance and evaluation.
9. Complies with Postal Service supplier diversity planning and sourcing strategies.
10. Identifies and implements demand management activities.
11. Provides leadership, direction, and guidance on purchasing and material logistics activities.
12. May oversee the activities of lower level employees or teams, when assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
1. Knowledge of postal, federal or commercial purchasing regulations, policies and procedures.
2. EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENT: Applicants must possess one of the following degrees or professional certifications: 1. A baccalaureate or post-graduate degree from an accredited college or university, that included or was supplemented by at least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: supply chain management, accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, material management, logistics and inventory control, quantitative methods, or organization and management. 2. Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) qualification or Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) from the Institute for Supply Management (ISM). 3. Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM), Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP), or Certified in Integrated Resource Management (CIRM) from the American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS). 4. Certified Professional Contracts Manager (CPCM), Certified Commercial Contracts Manager (CCCM), or Certified Federal Contracts Manager (CFCM) from the National Contract Management Association (NCMA).
3. Ability to communicate both orally and in writing sufficient to develop and present briefings, and to conduct general business meetings.
4. Ability to manage time and work activities in support of multiple projects.
5. Ability to conduct research, including analyzing data collected, and make recommendations and business decisions based on the findings.
Qualified applicant must successfully pass a drug screening to meet the organizations requirement.
Willingness to undergo mandatory periodic health examinations and blood tests. Willingness to respond to emergency situations utilizing the most expeditious means. Willingness to work long hours and irregular schedules both of which may include considerable.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
We will review your résumé and supporting documents, to ensure you meet the basic qualification requirements. We will evaluate each applicant who meets the basic qualifications on the information provided and evaluate your relevant personal, educational, and work experiences as it relates to fundamental competencies, identified in the Qualifications section above, required for this position. Based on the results of this evaluation, you will be placed in one of the following quality categories.
BENEFITS:Back to top
The salary will be based on previous experience, salary history, and current postal pay policies. We offer excellent benefits including health and life insurance, retirement plan, savings/investment plan with employer contribution, flexible spending, flextime scheduling of core work hours, annual and sick leave.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
You will need to apply via our on-line application process at www.usps.com/employment. You will need to create an applicant profile
Once you are on the website, click Search our latest job postings OR Select Start your eCareer profile. You will have an opportunity to upload any requested documents to your profile.
This is a two-step application process requiring you to create a profile and submit an application for the position you are applying for.
You will receive two email confirmations:
1. An email confirming your profile is complete.
2. After submitting your application you will receive a second email confirming your application has been successfully submitted.
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
You will be contacted via email on the status of your application.