Job Title: Financial Analyst, GS-1160-11/12/13 (Open to All U.S. Citizens) JACJob Announcement Number: FHWA.HIN-2014-0006
Department: Department Of Transportation
Agency: Federal Highway Administration
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year
Friday, May 09, 2014 to
Thursday, May 29, 2014
SERIES & GRADE:
Full Time -
FEW vacancies -
Washington DC, DC View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
Applications will be accepted from any U.S. Citizen.
A separate job announcement is being advertised for applicants eligible for status consideration. Current and former status employees and veterans who qualify under VEOA are encouraged to also apply to announcement: FHWA.HIN-2014-0007
Q - Nonsensitive
About the Agency
The Office of Innovative Program Delivery (OIPD), an organizational element within the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), provides national leadership, direction, and consulting services in new approaches for project finance, procurement (e.g., public-private partnerships (P3s)), and revenue generation. The office also provides for the oversight and stewardship of projects with a total cost in excess of $500 million. The office also houses the TIFIA (Transportation Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act) Joint Program Office (JPO), a federal credit support program.
The ideal candidate is experienced in analyzing cash flows and revenue projections, and understands how to apply the principles and practices from transportation planning, economics, and finance to estimate and quantify risk. The individual has experience with or can learn how to implement this skill set to work on Federal credit programs operating under the Federal Credit Reform Act of 1990.
- Occasional Travel
- Some travel required.
- You must be a U.S. Citizen & meet specialized experience to qualify
- Submit application and resume online by 11:59 PM EST on the closing date
- Review Required Documents Section as documents are required by closing date
- Position is telework eligible
- Announcement is also advertised as Merit Promotion: FHWA.HIN-2014-0007
- Job announcement may be used to fill similar positions within 30 days.
DUTIES:Back to top
As a Financial Analyst, you will:
- Calculate the subsidy cost of each new TIFIA loan by reviewing the credit requests submitted to TIFIA, analyzing cashflows, and quantifying the assessed risk.
- Prepare annual subsidy cost re-estimates on existing loans in the portfolio and maintain accurate records of loan transactions.
- Prepare TIFIA finance account apportionments required for the obligation of each loan transaction.
- Respond to requests from DOT auditors including the annual financial statements audit, inquiries from the Government Accountability Office, and initiatives led by the Office of the Inspector General.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
To qualify for the Grade 11:
on Education, you must have a PHD degree OR equivalent graduate degree.
on Experience, you must have at least one year of equal or equivalent:
- Experience in financial and business principles to include at least two of the following: finance, transportation planning, credit reform, and/or economics.
You can also qualify on a combination of higher level graduate education and matching experience. This experience and education must be fully documented in your resume. If using education to qualify, you must provide supporting graduate level transcripts.
To qualify for the Grade 12:
on Experience, In addition to the experience described at the GS-11 level,
you must have at least one year
of equal or equivalent:
- Experience in responding to audit questions, experience preparing financial models, or experience in loan servicing.
To qualify for the Grade 13:
on Experience, In addition to the experience described at the GS-12 level,
you must have at least one year
of equal or equivalent:
Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
- Experience working on project financing.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Selective Service: Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered for the Selective Service.
- DEU REQUIREMENTS: Applicants selected under delegated examining procedures may be required to successfully complete a one-year probationary period.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
If you meet the qualification requirements, your application will be placed in one of four categories: Platinum, Gold, Silver or Bronze, which is based upon your responses to the vacancy questions. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veteran's preference that have provided supporting documents will receive selection priority over nonveterans. The top rated applications will be reviewed for the quality of your experience, education and training relevant to the position. If your resume does not support the specialized experience, or if your application does not support your answers to the Vacancy Specific Questions, your final rating may be modified and/or you may be disqualified from consideration.
To preview questions please click here.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
You must submit a complete application package (including resume, vacancy questions and supporting documents) no later than midnight Eastern Time on the closing date of the announcement.
- To begin, click the "Apply Online" button on the job announcement posting.
- Follow the directions to register, submit all required documents and complete the assessment questionnaire.
- You may review your saved application(s) at https://my.usajobs.gov.
If you are having difficulty applying online, please contact the DOT Automated Staffing Office during regular business hours (8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. ET) at (202) 366-1298. You may also email us at Transjobs@dot.gov
The following documents <u>must</u> be provided by the close date:
Failure to submit any of the required documents by the closing date of the vacancy will result in your removal from consideration for this position.
- RESUME: Showing relevant experience and education and fully supporting the required specialized experience.
- COMPLETED QUESTIONNAIRE
- TRANSCRIPTS - verifying that you meet the stated education requirements, if you are qualifying based on education.
- VETERANS - In order to be considered as a preference eligible, you must submit a copy of your Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, DD214. Your DD214 need not be official but must show the type of discharge and dates of active duty. If you are claiming preference eligibility as a disabled veteran, you must submit proof of entitlement of this preference which is normally a valid letter from the Department of Veterans Affairs certifying to the present existence of the service-connected disability and indicating the percentage of your disability.
- SPECIAL APPOINTING AUTHORITY DOCUMENTS: If requesting concurrent consideration for Non-competitive (NC) appointment eligibility (e.g. military spouse or persons with disabilities), you must provide appropriate supporting documentation such as PCS orders describing move & marriage certificate; letter from VA or DD214 describing 100% disability of spouse; letter from State Vocational Office certifying disability, etc. For more information, visit military spouse NC appointments or Persons with Disabilities NC appointments. Documents are only required if requesting non-competitive consideration.
- DISPLACED EMPLOYEE PLACEMENT DOCUMENTS: Only required if requesting priority consideration under CTAP/ICTAP. You must submit ALL of the following: (1) your most recent performance appraisal, (2) the proof of eligibility letter from the Agency, and (3) your most current SF-50, displaying current series and grade. In addition, you must meet the well qualified standards for this vacancy (meeting minimum requirements for position and scoring at least an 85).
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
You may check your application status by logging into USAJobs.com. Within two weeks of the closing date, your application will be reviewed and rated. The most highly qualified candidates in the top group will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration. If you are selected for an interview, we will contact you directly. Once the position is filled, we will notify all applicants of their final status.