About the Agency
When disaster strikes, America looks to FEMA. Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
This position is ideal for a candidate that has extensive experience with various programming languages or software packages to extract data from source systems in order to analyze the information and compile reports. This position starts at a salary of $61,288 (GS-11 step 1). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the National Processing Services Center Operations Division, Recovery Directorate team within FEMA.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
This position is being announced under FEMA's CORE Program (Cadre of On-call Response/Recovery employees). These positions are authorized under P.L. 93-288 to perform temporary disaster work and are funded from the Disaster Relief Fund. Appointments are excepted service, temporary appointments. This is a 2 year temporary appointment in the Excepted Service.
In this position, you will be responsible for extracting data and performing review and analysis of data programs within the National Processing Service Center and preparing materials for use by management officials in program review and evaluation presentations. Typical assignments include:
- Compiles, assembles, and classifies statistical data from source materials, computes statistical data, and verifies authenticity of source material.
- Designs and/or applies standard and customized computer techniques to data collection and analysis.
- Uses various programming languages or software packages to extract data from source systems in order to analyze the information and compile reports.
- Monitors and improves methods of delivery of data to customers and automation of reports by utilizing technical knowledge. Assures consistent methodology is applied.
- Analyzes and evaluates purpose and content of reports, policies and procedures to develop new formats and to automate existing reports.
- Occasional Travel
- Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.