Job Title:Practical Nurse
Department:Department of the Army
Agency:U.S. Army Medical Command
Job Announcement Number:NCMD147330101115911HM
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Friday, May 09, 2014 to
Tuesday, May 13, 2014|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Kapolei, HI View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|United States Citizens |
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This position is located in the Community Based Primary Care Clinic of the Tripler Army Medical Center, Kapolei, HI.
Hawaii has many outdoor activities all year round including surfing, paddling, diving, fishing, and hiking. Conversely, Hawaii has one of the highest costs of living in the United States. Average homes range from $500 - $600K. The rental market is also very high, as are vehicle operating costs. Before deciding to relocate to the Islands, you should thoroughly research the housing options and costs.
Federal employees in Hawaii are currently entitled to receive a 12.25% Cost of Living Allowance (COLA) in addition to the base salary. This is subject to change.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
- This is a Direct Hire Solicitation.
- Work schedule may require evenings, weekends and holiday work hours.
DUTIES:Back to top
As a Practical Nurse, you will:
- Obtain information from patient and/or family in order to identify major complaints, symptoms, or reason for seeking healthcare.
- Provide individualized nursing care to patients of all ages based upon the physician's medical care plan, nursing assessment, and the physical, mental, emotional needs of the patient.
- Review immunization records in order to determine required immunizations, correct dosages, and routes of administration.
- Administer oral, intradermal, subcutaneous, and intramuscular immunizations.
- Instruct parents/guardians regarding normal verses adverse reactions to immunizations and treatment.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
- Licensure: A current license to practice as a practical/vocational nurse in a State or territory of the United States or District of Columbia OR must have applied for a license to practice. Applications of candidates possessing a license must be accompanied by a certified or photostatic copy of the license. Non-licensed candidates who have completed their training may be appointed subject to obtaining the required license during the probationary period. Those not licensed must furnish the date on which they applied for a license and the jurisdiction involved. No person appointed pending licensure may be retained beyond the probationary period if licensure has not been attained.
- Experience required: To qualify based on your work experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: providing individualized nursing care to patients; screening or reviewing immunization records; and/or performing routine procedures, such as electrocardiograms (EKGs), pulmonary function tests, audiograms, and vision screenings. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-05).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- One year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- Personnel Security Investigation required.
- This position requires a Childcare Background Check (CNACI).
- This position is subject to annual seasonal influenza vaccinations. Applicants tentatively selected for appointment to this position will be required to sign a statement (Condition of Employment) consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations or must provide a recognized exemption.
- This position is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) subject to applicant testing and random drug testing. Tentatively selected applicants will be required to sign DA Form 5019 requiring participation in random drug urinalysis testing. A job offer to an applicant who is a not a current employee will be withdrawn if the applicant refuses to be tested. Applicants with verified positive test results shall be refused employment. Applications from such individuals shall not be considered for employment for a period of 6 months from the date of the test results.
- A pre-placement physical examination is required.
- Immunization screening is required. Hepatitis B immunization is required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on the type of position.
- All Health Care Providers must be able to obtain and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) Training and certification that is sponsored or endorsed by the American Heart Association (AHA). Current Advanced Life Support or other advanced certification does not supersede BLS completion.
- Position is designated as Inclement Weather Essential. The incumbent must make every attempt to report for work on time and/or remain on duty during severe weather conditions.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your verify that you meet the basic eligibility and qualification requirements. Only the most recently submitted resume will be considered.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority. See Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) for more information. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.