If you are looking for an exciting and challenging career, this is the position for you! With a diverse and talented workforce of over 100,000 men and women, Justice leads the Nation in ensuring the protection of all Americans while preserving their constitutional freedoms. You will be part of a dedicated team helping to enforce Federal criminal and civil laws that protect life, liberty, and the property of citizens.
The United States Attorneys Office is a great place to work. The Department of Justice ranked #5 out of 33 large Federal cabinet agencies and the Executive United States Attorneys Office/United States Attorneys Offices ranked #55 out of 240 agency subcomponents in a study, "The Best Places to Work in the Federal Government, 2013 Ratings" published by the Partnership for Public Service. See www.bestplacestowork.org. For more information on the Department of Justice and the United States Attorneys Offices, visit http://www.justice.gov/usao/
This position is also open under merit promotion procedures. If you are interested in applying under merit promotion, please visit announcement PH-NM-14-1115853.
One or more positions may be filled using this vacancy announcement.
As a Paralegal Specialist, you will be responsible for:
- Reviewing a variety of legal files to prepare comprehensive summaries and reports;
- Assisting attorneys in pretrial preparations, such as compiling and organizing evidentiary exhibits and preparing visual aids;
- Performing legal research on issues relevant to assigned cases;
- Assisting with witness preparation; and
- Providing a variety of administrative support services to the office attorneys
- Occasional Travel
- 1 - 5 nights/month