To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
As a VA professional, your opportunities are endless. With many openings in the multiple functions of VA, you will have a wide range of opportunities at your fingertips. Not only is it the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the nation, but we also provide many other services to Veterans through the Benefits Administration and National Cemeteries.
Special Employment Consideration: VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply.
This position is located within to the Behavioral Health Care Line, at the Bath VA Medical Center, Bath, NY , with primary assignment to the Domiciliary Residential Rehabilitation Treatment Program (DRRTP).
Major duties and responsibilities include:
- providing psychological assessment services and diagnosing mental disorders, particularly for veterans with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and co-morbid Substance Abuse Disorders
- Providing education to patients and family members, as well as comprehensive interventions including individuals and families
- Providing consultation to professional staff within the Bath VAMC and to community providers, concerning clinical assessment findings and appropriate intervention and treatment plans
- Develop, implement and document the psychotherapeutic treatment plan for an assigned caseload of patients, including prompt completion of clinical reminders
- functions independently as a member of the Medical Staff with full clinical privileges
- Other duties as assigned
Primary job functions of psychologists include the provision of direct psychological patient care, consultation services on difficult or complex cases, and education of staff, as well as functioning in accordance with local policies, principals, professional ethics; making use of guidelines in a creative flexible manner; and must use sound judgment in selecting techniques or introducing new practices and methods, adapting these as necessary to fit the needs of the patient population with which he/she serves.
Work schedule: Full time, M-F 8:00am-4:30pm
Salary: To be determined by a Professional Standards Board. GS-13 $82,642- $107,434
EDRP - Applicant selected for this position will be eligible to apply for an award up to the maximum limitation ($60,000) under the provisions of the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), subject to availability of funding.
Recruitment incentive/Relocation expenses are authorized, and may be awarded up to 15%