Screen Out Element: Your resume must indicate your overall knowledge, skills, and abilities and/or training to independently perform the duties of a Welding Worker as stated in the duties of the position without more than normal supervision. (SCREEN OUT)
There is no specific length of training or experience required. However, you must be able to demonstrate, through experience shown in your written application materials that you possess the sufficient knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the work of a Welding Worker without more than ormal supervision.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) to perform the duties of the position in the following areas:
1. Ability to do the work of a Welding Worker (Screen Out)
2. Technical Practices (theoretical, precise, artistic)
3. Use of Measuring Instructions
4. Ability to Interpret Instructions, Specifications, etc. (includes blueprint reading)
5. Ability to Use and Maintain Tools and Equipment
6. Knowledge of Metals
7. Dexterity and Safety
Physical effort: Work
requires standing, walking, stooping, bending, climbing and crawling. Works in
cramped and awkward positions. Handles objects weighing up to and, occasionally,
greater than 50 pounds in setting up and performing work.
Working Conditions: Works indoors, outdoors, both in shop and TDY sites in varied weather. Work is usually performed on concrete floors or in equipment being repaired. Work areas may be dirty, noisy and smoky. Exposed to a variety of potentially hazardous situations that are considered in evaluation of the job. Subject to discomfort from wearing protective equipment.
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- One year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- You may claim Military Spouse preference.
- Salary includes local applicable locality pay or local Market Supplement.
- This is a TERM position Not to Exceed 13 months from date of hire. This may be extended up to 4 years.
Conditions of Employment:
Business Travel is 10%
This position is any shift and tour of duty.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Basis for Rating: Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
- Best Qualified. Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Highly Qualified. Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Qualified. Candidates in this category meet the minimum experience requirements for the announced position.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority. See Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) for more information. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.