About the Agency
This appointment is being filled under the Pathways Program - Recent Graduate program.
The Recent Graduates Program provides individuals, who have recently graduated from qualifying educational institutions or programs, with developmental opportunities in the Federal Government. Participants must have obtained a degree, or completed a qualifying career or technical education program within the preceding 2 years. If you served in the military after receiving your degree please see the “Qualifications” section below for more information regarding your eligibility. Upon successful completion of the program, if you are a United States citizen, you may be noncompetitively converted to a permanent position, or in some circumstances a term appointment in the competitive service.
The Financial Systems Analyst works on a variety of tasks as a team member and performs a wide range of complex analytical activities related to the Bureau's auction operations, buyback operations, commercial book-entry securities program, and automated auction programs.
The major duties of this position include:
- Coordinating with Treasury’s Office of Debt Management and Office of Fiscal Projections, preparing official auction offering announcements with the terms and conditions of sale or buyback of marketable Treasury securities for release to the electronic financial press, dealer, institutional, retail, and sovereign investors.
- Participating in the development, management and maintenance of the systems that conduct the auction and comprise the commercial book-entry system.
- Reviewing all bids for compliance with auction rules. Investigates auction violations to identify facts and determine disciplinary action. Contacts investors and explains violations, asks for corrective action, and educates on auction rules.
- Providing customer service on marketable Treasury securities auctions or buybacks to investors through e-mail, correspondence, and telephone help desk operations.
- Preparing technical reports on the Treasury auction process and current procedures, which require detailed analysis related to operational improvements. Analyzes and interprets auction data and consolidates analysis and recommendations in a final report for Treasury Department officials.