About the Agency
The Market Information Branch provides timely, accurate, comprehensive market information on milk and dairy products to enhance market transparency in the dairy industry. This market transparency provides all segments of the industry from producers to consumers with information on current conditions and trends of the market supplies, movements, distribution, demand, prices, and other technical information which serves to promote the orderly production and marketing of milk and dairy products.
The duties described are for the full-performance level. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity.
The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Serves as a Dairy Products Marketing Specialist with independent responsibility for planning, collecting, analyzing, summarizing verifying, disseminating, protecting, and enforcing the mandatory reporting program.
- Dairy Product Mandatory Reporting Program: Plans, directs, and coordinates efforts for day-to-day operations by critically applying sound policies and procedures involving statistical methods.
- Evaluates and advises supervisor on potential changes to policies and procedures involving statistical methods to improve efficiency and transparency program.
- Federal Milk Order Statistics: Applies and carries out both short- and long-term goals for all areas of the program including the policy, procedures, and enforcement.
- Develops educational and instructional materials information, methods, and practices.
- Meets with industry groups, organizations, and individuals to discuss milk market and Federal milk order statistics program (prior approval required).
- Participates in meetings with other Departmental and government officials to discuss research and educational projects.
- Works closely with Branch Chief and other agencies to insure that data and information reported is accurate, is used properly, and that the confidentiality of the information received is maintained.